Old 06-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Do mice have paws, claws, hands and feet?

What do you call the things that mice walk on and pick things up with?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:48 PM
In college biologial anthropology we called it a "grasping foot-paw."

Last edited by Hello Again; 06-02-2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Calling Mouse_Maven....
Old 06-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Again
In college biologial anthropology we called it a "grasping foot-paw."
That sounds about right. Only primate have hands, so a mouse wouldn't qualify. A paw is just the padded part of a foot on certain mammalian quadrupeds, and stands in contrast to a hoof. Mice do have claws, and a paw isn't a paw unless the animal has claws or nails, too.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:11 PM
I was about to say paw, and then I remembered that deer mice are also called white-footed mice. So paw vs. foot may be a matter of preference.

Claws is a matter of fact; mice have them. I've never heard the front paws/feet called hands unless someone was trying to be funny.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: prevident toothpaste prescription zipper head mail pickup times male cats pennis indian how gay royality stationary bike rpm picture of bacon 241 magic trick seagull meat alarm clock earplugs schwarzenegger translation car crusher cube wd 40 fishing backwards trucker hat vhs date gilette 20 fingers freeze sliced bread watch garrote what is megashares nikto barada klaatu 8 gauge shotguns balancing beads motorcycle burp sneeze fart cunning stunts joke denorex shampoo lice waste management mafia set default scanner mars attacks flag taking expired sudafed confederate sympathizer raised truck sai fight lucas slow clap can a sheriff deputized anyone sinus mucus plug pictures meals for elderly with no teeth home depot paper shredder how to get into grad school with bad grades hard yes or no questions do bunnies have rabies how to get rid of bed head for guys google picture of my house where can i get heartgard can i pick up my package from the post office dog digs under fence solution toilet flapper closes too quickly personal trainer at planet fitness cost lyric papa was a rolling stone grate wall of fire review tylenol pm overdose suicide marche slave op 31 are ren and stimpy a couple thunderbirds vs blue angels characters with heart disease in literature does us have periods cracker jack urban dictionary one touch can opener manual weird al driving a truck what is the black stuff in my sink drain bad andy good pizza vomiting immediately after eating pvc pipe joint leak repair copy keys at home depot can dogs and coyotes mate my cat's fur is matted and falling out potassium supplement dosage for leg cramps you kill em we grill em parents caught in the act stories