Old 07-16-2007, 02:41 AM
What is this, and should I drink it?

When we returned from a family reunion two weeks ago, my wife told me that my Uncle (of German decent) gave her a small bottle of something for me to drink. She had no idea what it was supposed to be, as he did not elaborate.

It's a small (20ml) glass bottle with a sealed metal cap, with a red liquid inside. There is a cartoon of a hand with eyes and a baseball cap on it. The name on the bottle is "Kleiner Klopfer", and underneath that is written, "Sauerkirsche + Wodka". On the back it says, "Fruchtsaftlikör 20ml 16% vol"

Ever hear of this stuff? What is it, and should I be wary of drinking it?

(For whatever reason, my urge to drink it is strong!)
Old 07-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxChief
When we returned from a family reunion two weeks ago, my wife told me that my Uncle (of German decent) gave her a small bottle of something for me to drink. She had no idea what it was supposed to be, as he did not elaborate.

It's a small (20ml) glass bottle with a sealed metal cap, with a red liquid inside. There is a cartoon of a hand with eyes and a baseball cap on it. The name on the bottle is "Kleiner Klopfer", and underneath that is written, "Sauerkirsche + Wodka". On the back it says, "Fruchtsaftlikör 20ml 16% vol"

Ever hear of this stuff? What is it, and should I be wary of drinking it?

(For whatever reason, my urge to drink it is strong!)
"Sour cherry + Vodka"
"Fruit juice liquor 20 ml 16% alcohol by volume"

It's claiming to be a cherry flavoured shot and a fairly weak one at that.

Last edited by Baffle; 07-16-2007 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffle
"Sour cherry + Vodka"
Whew! That sounds good. For a while I was worried that it was sauerkraut juice + vodka. I've heard of people drinking that garbage, and it was the one thing keeping me from opening that bottle.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:57 AM
I have made cherries jubilee a few times. One of the ingredients is Kirschwasser.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirschwasser
Old 07-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Just make sure you have the cake that says "eat me" handy when you try it.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:54 AM
SDSAB
Pay no attention to the white rabbit in the waistcoat.

Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 07-16-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir
Pay no attention to the white rabbit in the waistcoat.
Damned if I didn't read that as "White Wabbit in a Waistcoat"!
You wascally wabbit!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Not to imply that ebay means it's healthy, but it looks like you can buy it here.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastes of Chocolate
Not to imply that ebay means it's healthy, but it looks like you can buy it here.
That is exactly the same stuff, yes.

UPDATE: I'm drinking it now. This is actually quite tasty! (Even without the cake!)

Now I'm sort of wishing I had another few bottles.

Last edited by SiouxChief; 07-17-2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Speeling