Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 AM
OMG!!!! She has Tits!!!

Hillary clinton wears a sweater.

All the time you spend as a woman in a position of power, and you show 2 inches more skin than usual and all the pant suits, sedate colors, and careful planning are down the drain. He doesn't even mention what topic she was discussing while in the senate. From here on in it's gonna be about what effin' clothes she's wearing.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but, it seems to me that its like they're subtley trying to remind you: "Bewaar of them wimmen's, theys got wiles. Theys untrustworthy to do a may-an's job"
Old 07-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Well, ill be damned if the title itself didn't drag me in here..
Old 07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
What a surprise, LOUNE's here!
Old 07-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Well, I guessed she had them, but I had no idea she was so ugly.
No wonder she stayed with Bill when he strayed. Who'd want a woman like that?

Last edited by essell; 07-30-2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: wrong word in thr wrong place
Old 07-30-2007, 11:29 AM
You know who has tits? Queen Elizabeth. Built like the bow of a Viking ship, that lass is.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:33 AM
What kind of ship tits does Hillary have?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
You know who has tits? Queen Elizabeth. Built like the bow of a Viking ship, that lass is.
God damn, she was beautiful in her day.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieu
Dinghy.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by essell
In other words, she and Bill match perfectly.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
Built like the bow of a Viking ship, that lass is.
I'm gonna have to remember that. I've told people I have a chest like a old-blood Quarter Horse mare...that visual will be eaiser to explain
Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I Am the One Who Bans
As I said to a co-worker this morning: Public response to her campaign is going to be a subconscious expression of America's twisted feelings about women in general and powerful women in particular, and I could really do without that.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCentStamp
I believe the correct term, in the vernacular, is 'quite fetching'.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Any way to link this directly to the 'Does sexism exist?' thread in Great Debates...?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 PM
I didn't get what the fuss is about, except they're grasping at straws hoping people can be indignant about something she does. It's not like anything is exposed. Wait their is a little bit of cleft showing. That's about as sexually manipulative as a one on the 1 to 10 scale.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
It'll all be worth the fuss if George Will misspeaks just once about Tittary Clinton.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato
1. Kurtz is discussing a piece by the fashionista people at the Post.
2. The beat themselves up in their ombudsman this week.
3. Urgh. When do the 'This was all designed by the Post to help her fundraising conspiracies begin.

I betcha Givhan wishes she'd kept her typewriter closed by now.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:24 PM
That's cleavage? Hmmm.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
So can I still think that she's a manipulative snake who will stop at nothing (including dead bodies piling up) to get what she wants or do I have to back off lest I be seen as hating her for showing cleavage?

Cause she could wear a burqa, and I'd still think she's a vile, disgusting human being with no integrity and a lust for power that would've made Attila the Hun blush.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:52 PM
I Am the One Who Bans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious Discord
I didn't get what the fuss is about, except they're grasping at straws hoping people can be indignant about something she does.
If you're talking about the original Post story, I can understand devoting some space to how she presents herself. Image matters for candidates, she's the first woman to have a significant chance at being nominated, and she's always paid a lot of attention to her image.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsix
So can I still think that she's a manipulative snake who will stop at nothing (including dead bodies piling up) to get what she wants or do I have to back off lest I be seen as hating her for showing cleavage?

Cause she could wear a burqa, and I'd still think she's a vile, disgusting human being with no integrity and a lust for power that would've made Attila the Hun blush.
You can think whatever you want. I'm sure a burqa is what some people would hope any woman who's over thirty/over 120 pounds/under a C cup/has some semblance of intelligence would wear. (as can be seen in this thread, if that's not a whoosh)

A cite for the "bodies piling up" would give me something more interesting to read than the circle jerk that's going around in the news about how an almost 60 year old woman is attempting coquetry.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:08 PM
I Am the One Who Bans
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsix
Wait, I missed this- do we actually have someone on this board who thinks she had Vince Foster killed?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Fight
Any way to link this directly to the 'Does sexism exist?' thread in Great Debates...?
Now, wait a second here. According to the linked article, the male candidates have been subject to comment/reporting/ridicule on their choices of dress and appearance:
Quote:
Stories about the physical appearance of candidates, from Al Gore's earth-tones wardrobe to John Edwards's $400 haircut to a bathing-suit shot of Barack Obama in a People spread on "Beach Babes," have long been an entertaining sideshow.
So how is this sexist? (Which is I assume what you're insinuating by your comment.) It would be sexist if only female candidates were exempt from such silly cattiness.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Oh come on! She is a 59-year-old woman who looks like this. She can't see ugly with a telescope on a clear day.

I've seen this said here about both Hillary Clinton and about Condoleezza Rice. Rice is 52 and hotter than many women half her age. Funnily, there seems to be a correlation between not sharing a woman's political views and finding her ugly. Ain't that a coinky-dink.

My view: Both are smokin'. I'd do either one. Or both. Separately or together.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:29 PM
All I know is that the current topic it's above makes for a great sequential thread title.

OMG!!!! She has Tits!!!
OH THE HORROR! Is this some sick joke? What have you done to these poor children?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Get back to me when they get a shot of her in a thong.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk
Get back to me when they get a shot of her in a thong.
How's about in a bra?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamouse
How's about in a bra?
Bring out the brain bleach please.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyNot
Now, wait a second here. According to the linked article, the male candidates have been subject to comment/reporting/ridicule on their choices of dress and appearance:

So how is this sexist? (Which is I assume what you're insinuating by your comment.) It would be sexist if only female candidates were exempt from such silly cattiness.
I don't have any concrete numbers, but I do believe there's a media obsession with the looks of women politicians, whereas most male politicians' looks aren't up for discussion unless they're extraordinarily handsome, ugly, or badly-dressed. Perhaps because so many of them look the same -- old, white and wearing dark suits? I've read more than a few articles about women politicians giving speeches that go into detail about their clothing and make-up even though they're there to talk about family planning.

Saying it better than me (via Feministing):

Quote:
[Deborah] Tannen points that women are marked in other ways, too. Most notably by our appearance. We're marked if we wear a short skirt (floozy!), or if we wear a power suit (ballbuster!), if we wear our hair cropped short (dyke!) or if we get a giant perm (stupid secretary!). She notes that men can be marked by their clothing choices or titles, too. The difference is they have the option of going unmarked. That's a choice women never have.
An interesting article on the phenomenon with a great quote:
Quote:
"After striving my entire career to be judged by my results and my decisions, the coverage of my gender, my appearance and perceptions of my personality would outweigh anything else."
-- Carly Fiorina, former CEO Hewlett-Packard
in her memoir, "Tough Choices"

Last edited by Cat Fight; 07-30-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:32 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamouse
How's about in a bra?
How about in a swimsuit?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hildo
How about in a swimsuit?
OMG!!!! He has Tits!!!

Enjoy,
Steven
Old 07-31-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm a little embarrassed to admit I saved this pic of Hillary...
Old 07-31-2007, 01:03 AM
Am I completely on crack, or did she show up wearing...

...a business suit?

You know, the kind people wear?

From the way people were talking, I thought she was dressing like Madonna circa 1990. No, she's wearing a goddamn business suit, get the fuck over it!!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Mod Rocker
Quote:
I don't have any concrete numbers, but I do believe there's a media obsession with the looks of women politicians, whereas most male politicians' looks aren't up for discussion unless they're extraordinarily handsome, ugly, or badly-dressed. Perhaps because so many of them look the same -- old, white and wearing dark suits? I've read more than a few articles about women politicians giving speeches that go into detail about their clothing and make-up even though they're there to talk about family planning.

Saying it better than me (via Feministing):
Quote:
[Deborah] Tannen points that women are marked in other ways, too. Most notably by our appearance. We're marked if we wear a short skirt (floozy!), or if we wear a power suit (ballbuster!), if we wear our hair cropped short (dyke!) or if we get a giant perm (stupid secretary!). She notes that men can be marked by their clothing choices or titles, too. The difference is they have the option of going unmarked. That's a choice women never have.
An interesting article on the phenomenon with a great quote:
Quote:
"After striving my entire career to be judged by my results and my decisions, the coverage of my gender, my appearance and perceptions of my personality would outweigh anything else."
-- Carly Fiorina, former CEO Hewlett-Packard
in her memoir, "Tough Choices"
The issue I have with most of these articles is that they are (often) written by fashion writers and even when they are written by political observers, they rely heavily on quotations from fashion writers, not other political commentators. (Although I am sure that Rush Limbaugh has made nasty comments about womens' appearances, but that is part of his "style" of entertainment.) Even the article that set off the current brouhaha that led to this thread was a matter of people going to a fashion writer's article and pretending it has significance. I don't actually recall that peop;e in the real world seem to care. I don't recall any of the things that have been said about Senator Clinton or Secretary Rice that were mentioned in the articles (quoting fashion writers). In fact, the only woman whom I recall receiving any publicity about her appearance was Katherine Harris. And I heard nothing about her appearance during the hoopla over the 2000 election or her later activities in 2002 or 2004. In fact, I heard nothing about her appearance in 2006 until she went on television and began doing that 3/4 profile thoracic thrust during an interview. Had she not gone to such great lengths to call attention to her body, I doubt that I'd have heard anything, then, either.

While I am sure that there are some number of people throughout the country who worry about such matters, I suspect that most of these "reports" are not a reflection of "people" paying too much attention to the appearnce of women as people in the fashion indiustry trying desperately to wedge themselve into the political discussion so as to attempt to give their calling an importance that simply does not exist. I think Senator Clinton's campaign people would have been better off ignoring the odd comments of a fashion writier begging for legitimacy.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:31 AM
Jay-bus...reptiles have tits.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCentStamp
Her Majesty is a pretty nice girl but she doesn't have a lot to say.
Her Majesty is a petty nice girl but she changes from day to day...
I want to tell her that I love her alot but I've got to get a belly full of wine...

Her Majesty,s a pretty nice girl and some day I'm gonna make her mine. Oh yeah.

She could have done a lot worse than John Lennon.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_mcl
... No, she's wearing a goddamn business suit, get the fuck over it!!
I respect this, and you are right.

I am trying to get over it. I am having a problem with un-learning everything I learned in college zoology, though, i.e., Reptiles have mammary glands.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:07 AM
I Am the One Who Bans
Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoir
She could have done a lot worse than John Lennon.
She did: that's Paul's song.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomndebb
While I am sure that there are some number of people throughout the country who worry about such matters, I suspect that most of these "reports" are not a reflection of "people" paying too much attention to the appearnce of women as people in the fashion indiustry trying desperately to wedge themselve into the political discussion so as to attempt to give their calling an importance that simply does not exist. I think Senator Clinton's campaign people would have been better off ignoring the odd comments of a fashion writier begging for legitimacy.
true to a point, but a) an awful lot of regular people who dislike Clinton go straight to her looks and sexuality, either when they lack a real argument against her (not that there isn't one) or just as a crude joke b) fashion sections are still part of the news and must get approved by editors. I don't really have a problem with this, in moderation, until it becomes mainstream news, or when useless details about wardrobe or body shape are included in supposedly straightforward news items.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Quote:
You're so right- no woman that isn't drop dead gorgeous deserves to be married. She's lucky to even have a cheating man, for pity's sake! The only thing woman have to offer is their looks, after all.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_mcl
Am I completely on crack, or did she show up wearing...

...a business suit?

You know, the kind people wear?

From the way people were talking, I thought she was dressing like Madonna circa 1990. No, she's wearing a goddamn business suit, get the fuck over it!!
If you look at the verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry bottom of the v of her shirt, there is a teeny tiny little bit of cleavage.

Mind you, I have about 100 x that amount of cleavage every single day (my boobs are also about twice as big as hers, it seems), so I don't see what the bruhaha is.

OMG SHE HAZ BOOBS!

NO WAIIIIIIIIIII!

Oh and also: while she's no Tyra Banks or anything, I think she's very pretty, particularly for her age. Frankly, she has aged very well, as she was a down right homely college student,

Last edited by DiosaBellissima; 07-31-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieu
holy fuck that was hilarious.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaneSidhe
I'm gonna have to remember that. I've told people I have a chest like a old-blood Quarter Horse mare...that visual will be eaiser to explain
I totally understand that reference.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Thank you for proving my point.

If she were male, we wouldn't even be talking about how attractive she is or what she were wearing. Granted, you seem to be from the UK and don't represent "the American public", but in this case I sadly think you do.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Mod Rocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasa
Thank you for proving my point.

If she were male, we wouldn't even be talking about how attractive she is or what she were wearing.
I am not sure that is true. Dennis Kucinich attracted a lot of comments about his appearance when he married just under two years ago. Similarly, Paul Wolfowitz garnered a lot of comments about his appearance when it came to light that he was pulling strings to get his lady friend a high paid job.

The situation is not identical: the comments they received were directly related to their sexual activities (marriage and having a mistress) while the comments regarding Senator Clinton arose (on this occasion) in the context of a speech on the floor of the Senate. However, men do attract negative comments if they are not sufficiently attractive.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Quote:
miamouse said:
A cite for the "bodies piling up" would give me something more interesting to read than the circle jerk that's going around in the news about how an almost 60 year old woman is attempting coquetry.
I found the Vince Foster suicide thing a little hard to swallow at the time, since the person who found his body didn't find a gun (and he supposedly shot himself). The Secret Service hauled a bunch of papers out of his office before it was sealed by the US Park Police, who aren't exactly used to investigating dead bodies. And then there's that second wound on his neck - what'd he do? Shoot himself twice?

Jim McDougal, the guy who borrowed a bunch of money from the Clintons and then tried to repay it with S&L money but he got caught so he hired Hillary's law firm to defend him was inexplicably thrown into solitary confinement in a hospital prison without his heart medication, was not checked on according to policy, and when it was discovered that he was in distress they waited 10 minutes to open the cell. He got no medical care for another 45 minutes. Then they immediately scrub and paint the cell.

There's no direct evidence that Hillary killed anybody, but people who become too big a liability to her or her husband tend not to fare too well.

Quote:
Marley23 said:
Wait, I missed this- do we actually have someone on this board who thinks she had Vince Foster killed?
I don't believe he committed suicide. I also don't believe that Jim McDougal's death was totally natural.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley23
She did: that's Paul's song.
So it is. Well I suppose she's really more Paul's type anyway.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomndebb
I am not sure that is true. Dennis Kucinich attracted a lot of comments about his appearance when he married just under two years ago. Similarly, Paul Wolfowitz garnered a lot of comments about his appearance when it came to light that he was pulling strings to get his lady friend a high paid job.
Larry King comes to mind as well.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:19 AM
SDSAB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiosaBellissima
...she was a down right homely college student,
Mebbe, she's gone up in my estimation. Who knew she was a college pal of Jesus of Hot Springs, Ark.?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiosaBellissima
I think she's very pretty, particularly for her age. Frankly, she has aged very well, as she was a down right homely college student,
Oh c'mon, she wasn't that bad, at least in her Young Republican freshman days. By senior year, she was looking a little grim, perhaps as a result of writing a thesis on a guy who advocated mass farting as a protest technique.

I agree with you that she looks better than ever today, but that's probably due to zillionz worth of makeup artists and image stylists.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member
Quote:
I don't have any concrete numbers, but I do believe there's a media obsession with the looks of women politicians, whereas most male politicians' looks aren't up for discussion unless they're extraordinarily handsome, ugly, or badly-dressed.
I don't know about that, Republicans seem to be inordinately interested in their opponent's haircuts.