Old 11-06-2007, 09:33 AM
What's that symbol on the New England Patriots' field?

There is a logo/symbol on the field in Foxburro near the 20-30 yard line. It's gray and yellow. The yellow looks like it might be sparks, or flares. I've never been able to figure out what it is just from looking at it. Does anyone know?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:37 AM
If it's what I think you're talking about, I think it's just the Gillette Stadium logo.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks. That's the logo I'm talking about. Do you know if it is supposed to symbolise anything in particular? Or, is it supposed to look like the stadium somehow?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I believe it represents this gate.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Got it. Thanks. I was trying desparately to equate that symbol with some revolutionary theme. Seemed like I was missing some obvious connection to a patriotic symbol. I feel better now.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I've always wondered this too. I was trying to figure out if it was supposed to be some kind of stylized razor!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Charter Member
It's actually a stylized lighthouse next to a stylized bridge.