Old 12-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Do Chinese make you fart?

I ate Chinese food tonight for the forst time in a long while and I have been farting all night. This led to a few embarassing situations ( I farted while sleeping in biz law class ).
Does the consumtion of chinese fast food lead to flatulence?
Old 12-25-2007, 12:38 AM
If you're farting so soon after consumption -- it might not have been the Chinese food at fault. What did you have for your meal before that one?

And no, Chinese food hasn't made me fart.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:45 AM
I ate a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. A granola bar for lunch and thats all folks! Oh, and a coffee bet. lunch and supper.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:35 AM
Hmm. Does sound that the only likely culprit might be the Chinese food, then. Either that, or those granola bars are getting gassy these days.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:59 AM
The Chinese do not make me fart, nor can they. Not even Mao could have done that.

Now, foods heavy in cabbage (as eggrolls tend to be) can cause lots o' fartin'. Did you farted 'cause of an eggroll?
Old 12-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Drat it! Dnooman got there before me!
Old 12-25-2007, 07:22 AM
I was all set to rant about the bizarre racist premise of this thread.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Charter Member
I also find flatulence related to whether I bothered to chew my food or just did the ol' chomp-and-swallow. The nature of Chinese food encourages chomp-and-swallow dining.
Cynicism is Evil. It provides an excuse to expect nothing but the worst from others while simultaneously excusing all the worst in yourself. It's lazy, selfish, and ignorant all tightly wrapped into a toxic ball of nasty.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Could be a reaction to MSG (common in Chinese food), too.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchuldigs
I ate a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. A granola bar for lunch and thats all folks! Oh, and a coffee bet. lunch and supper.
The dough for bagels is really high in gluten. Then there is the cream cheese.

If you are a little bit lactose intolerant or have very mild gluten issues, then maybe... but I'd expect you to be pooting earlier in the day than that.

ETA: I've pooted soon after eating a meal that didn't agree with me. So it's probably something in the Chinese food. Bok choi or some veggie you don't normally eat.

Last edited by Swallowed My Cellphone; 12-25-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Quote:
I farted while sleeping in biz law class
Were you snoring at the time? That's the academic Daily Double.

Reminds me of when we had a weekly research conference sponsored by our university department. In order to get people to attend the often extremely dry presentations, they'd serve pizza, then turn the lights down (for slide shows). Well-fed people in a dark room in the middle of the day tend to get drowsy. Maybe we should have had Chinese food instead, on the premise that farting would keep attendees awake.

But no, Chinese food has never made me especially gassy. Perhaps bean curd devotees could contribute their two cents on this issue.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:36 PM
I worded the title with a "do" instead of a "does" so that y'all might reply with witty humor. I am NOT a racist!
Anyways, I had the beef in garlic sauce. no cabbage there.
No matter, I think it was the coffee. i had another two this morning and HOLY HELL!!! Gas like I've never had before. Gazprom wanted drilling rights.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Charter Member
You had a Biz Law class on Christmas Eve? Did you get waterboarded by the professor too?
Old 12-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Anyways, I had the beef in garlic sauce. no cabbage there.
Bolding mine.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:25 AM
Me thinks the title should be do chinese food make you fart ??

I have been to china, spent lot of time with chinese people, but I did not fart due to their presence.. I did not fart when they visited me also..

But Chinese food......, well debatable issue..
Old 12-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Quote:
You had a Biz Law class on Christmas Eve? Did you get waterboarded by the professor too?
Yep. (It is a predominantly Jewish college)
Au contraire, I gassed him.