Old 02-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Where to Buy a Slide Whistle?

These things used to be easily found. You'd think the dollar stores would have them, but heck if I can find one! Where can I get one? If need-be, where online would one find such novelties? Thanks!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Charter Member
You ought to be able to find them at either a music store or a toy store. If not, you can search for "slide whistle" on Amazon and you'll find a variety, from ultra-cheapo plastic toys to "serious" metal instruments.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Charter Member
Lark in the Morning is an excellent source for lots of obscure and not-so-obscure instruments.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Have you tried a party store? I seem recall seeing some the last time I went into a Party City.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Musician's Friend has everything
Old 02-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Marvelous! Thanks, all! Some excellent ideas! Sorry to say I never really think of party stores, but I'll check there first! And, I'll still check out the online ideas for other wild and crazy toys!
Old 02-23-2008, 07:42 AM
If you practice hard enough, you might get as good as this guy.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:09 PM
I've seen them for sale in the merchandise section of Cracker Barrel restaurants.

Posting Rules