Old 03-01-2008, 12:26 PM
US Passport "City of Issuance"

Last night I was filling out a form for a trip abroad I'll probably be taking soon. They had the option to give your passport information now, which I was going to do. One of the questions was "city of issuance", which is something that I don't have. The closest I can figure out is that it would be the 'authority' field on my passport, which is the US Department of State. FWIW, it's a fairly recent passport, issued in 2006.

Am I missing something? How do I find out what that is?
Old 03-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Our Canadian passports have the issuing office on the page with our photo and info. It just says something like "issued from: Hull, Québec" or whatever (I don't have it in front of me, but I know mine came from Hull!)

If you trust Yahoo Answers, it looks like yours was issued from Washington DC directly, otherwise it would have a different entry in that field: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8103238AARSkAR
Old 03-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Charter Member
My U.S. Passport has "Passport Agency / Chicago" written in the "Authority" field. So that's where the city of issuance would be if it was printed on your passport.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Until recently, U.S. passports always specified a city of issuance near the place where the date of issuance appears. My newest U.S. passport has no city of issuance so I just write "Washington, DC" on disembarkation/immigration/visa forms and everybody seems happy.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:44 AM
If you are anywhere near the west coast it will be San Francisco.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah
Until recently, U.S. passports always specified a city of issuance near the place where the date of issuance appears. My newest U.S. passport has no city of issuance so I just write "Washington, DC" on disembarkation/immigration/visa forms and everybody seems happy.
Ah, okay. If it comes up again I'll put that (the online form let me leave it blank). I think in reality the office where I mailed my application was probably Philadelphia, as it's the closest to where I was at the time, but I doubt it makes much difference. Thanks.