Old 10-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Charter Member
can Excel convert letter grades to numbers?

I'm trying to fake my way though figuring out how to get Excel to figure out my grades for me this semester - clearly taking a chance with my sanity and my students' futures. I think I can figure out how to get the spreadsheet to weight and then calculate the averages. But can I enter a conversion scheme someplace and then simply enter letter grades and have Excel convert them all to numeric equivalents, so that it can then do the calculations? And can I get it to do the reverse - once it has calculated a numeric average of these weighted grades, to then convert it back to a letter grade?
Old 10-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Yes. Check out the lookup function.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Yes. I asked that question right here on the boards last year.

Here's the thread
Old 10-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Also, as i noted in the other thread, this guy explains how it works, and also has a sample spreadsheet that you can download.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: lebron chosen one battery charger test skin freezing spray most offensive songs vertical traffic lights pregnant fuck 4x4 board tall giant shrimp poo headstone engraving simon adebisi hat nib urban dictionary chocolate rehab kosher sandwiches dog kills intruder the office aarm probation defined goosestep march smallpox vaccine scar hoi2 wiki alas babylon movie fletch books clear piss case noodles denby dishes reviews stillwater song he says hi rhe baseball jacobs ladder explained block jw player electrolysis unibrow street dice games retarded haircuts barnes and noble textbooks buy back let's blow this popsicle stand origin on it like white on rice paul simon obvious child lyrics why are my hands veiny how do styptic pencils work st matthew passion best recording soldiers marines airmen sailors little league baseball chants in phase and quadrature components wen power tools review hot showers for sunburn what does burning alive feel like what is the difference between a right and a privilege shaving cream on airplanes was richard boone gay capitalize terms of endearment dilute etg urine test all in the family theme song full version import cars from australia to usa what is khlav kalash what do the french lyrics in lady marmalade mean timbers golf course md how many attempts does fedex make red eyes after wearing contacts go daddy domain buy service how long does it take to learn manual what is sarasota florida like how long does pepper spray last in the air temperature at 35000 feet is it height or heighth egr valve 2000 ford taurus