Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2008, 06:00 PM
How do sites like "Celebrity Movie Archive" stay in business?

celebritymoviearchive.com and others make money by selling copyrighted clips. They do it quite openly, and have many clips I'm sure the legal owners would like taken down. How do they manage to keep those clips up without trouble?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't know if Fair Use is justified. Often sites will try to pass off their content as "criticism."
Old 11-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Charter Member
I asked this same question a couple of months back (How do websites like Mr Skin stay in business?). Toadspittle provided a link to an article that showed that the studios apparently accept this as a form of publicity for the films.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off