Old 10-17-2009, 11:07 PM
I need a family tree generator!

I'm in the process of writing an extremely long and complicated fantasy story on Fictionpress. One of the things I'd like to do is create a genealogy chart for the main characters so my readers can keep track of who's related to who easily. Ideally, I'd like to find an online generator that would let me create something similar to this (random example I grabbed from a web search). I find a lot of free templates online, but they all seem to be made to be printed out and filled in, and what I want is something that would allow me to add lines, names, etc. and make a jpg or other image file. Does anyone know of a program or website that would allow me to do this?
Old 10-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Try geni.com, should be perfect for what you want to do.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Brother's Keeper is a free genealogy program for the PC
Old 10-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Have a look PAF5 (Personal Ancestral File) at http://familysearch.org

It's free and very comprehensive.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Heck, Microsoft Word can handle what it sounds like you want. You just use the flowchart tools. That's how I was taught in school. Here's the official tutorial.

If you'd rather have part of it premade, you can try these templates. Or just Google family tree in word

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off