Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Amazon.com auction site?

I feel like an idiot because I can't figure this out. Does amazon.com have auctions? Every time that I try to google it, I keep getting this link where I log in to my account and then... Well, I don't know, but it doesn't appear to be what I'm looking for. It's a page that says "Search Transactions" at the top but it appears to be searching transactions that I've completed recently.

Am I missing something obvious and simple here? I must be. This seems too difficult. Where's the dunce cap smiley?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm not aware of auction selling on Amazon. They allow individuals to set-up web stores to sell items through the Amazon portal. But items are listed for a flat price, I am not aware of an auction feature that would allow purchasers to bid on items.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks. Yeah, I was aware of that, but my dad told me that there were auctions. Maybe he was confused and thought that the Marketplace stuff was auction-based.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:51 AM
I almost forgot. I saw this article and it says that there are auctions on Amazon.com, too.*

*No, I don't believe everything that I read on the internets.

Last edited by Sticks and Scones; 05-07-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
I know there used to be auctions on Amazon, but I actually had forgotten about it. The last time I saw it must have been close to 10 years ago or so. It seems like it was when online auctions were just starting up, and eBay was young.

Posting Rules