View Poll Results: What did you score on The Urinal Test?
I'm male and I scored 6 out of 6! 5 3.16%
I'm male and I scored 5 out of 6! 30 18.99%
I'm male and I scored 4 out of 6! 56 35.44%
I'm male and I scored 3 out of 6! 16 10.13%
I'm male and I scored 2 out of 6! 13 8.23%
I'm male and I scored 1 out of 6! 1 0.63%
I'm male and I scored 0 out of 6! 0 0%
I'm female and I scored 6 out of 6! 0 0%
I'm female and I scored 5 out of 6! 5 3.16%
I'm female and I scored 4 out of 6! 22 13.92%
I'm female and I scored 3 out of 6! 9 5.70%
I'm female and I scored 2 out of 6! 1 0.63%
I'm female and I scored 1 out of 6! 0 0%
I'm female and I scored 0 out of 6! 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 10,305
The Urinal Test

In Is There Any Chance That These Guys Aren't Gay? Rhythmdvl linked to The Urinal Test, which is a test about urinal etiquette.

Take the test and see what you got. - No cheating! Take the test before you read anything else. Women can take the test, too. Just answer based on what you imagine is appropriate urinal etiquette.

Discussion below:

SPOILER:
I scored 4 out of 6, which is apparently enough for me to be accepted by society. The ones I missed were #s 5 and 6. I can clearly see why I missed #6- I failed to think outside the box and simply not select any of the urinals. I don't quite understand why I missed #5. I picked urinal 1 because it would limit the amount of guys I had to stand next to, but apparently that wasn't correct. Maybe I was supposed to have picked urinal 4 because definitely being trapped in the corner by a guy is worse than potentially being between two. But in that case urinals 3 and 4 should have been acceptable.

No, I can't sleep. Why do you ask?
__________________
"You're a veritable wise man when it comes to human relations, AClockworkMelon." Freudian Slit

Last edited by AClockworkMelon; 03-08-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 10,305
Too late to edit - just continuing the thought from my spoilered thoughts:

But if that's the case, why couldn't you also pick urinals 3 and 4 in the final question?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Guest
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 3,692
Good question. Had it been just one unused urinal the obvious answer is "use the sitting down area", but in this I case think you could use either of them.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Member
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Leafs Nation
Posts: 1,097
I missed the same ones you did, which I feel just proves I'm a woman.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 10,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daerlyn View Post
I missed the same ones you did, which I feel just proves I'm a woman.


But I'm a man, baby.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,104
Yeah, I saw that over in the other thread, and popped right on up to the urinal to try it!

I was (dare I say it? yeah...) cocksure, absolutely certain that with my intuitive mind I would safely pass for a fella. Nope. Got an embarrassing 2 out of 6, with them suggesting that I probably was female. OUTED!

I'm going to go sit and ponder this now.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 10,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkiNipponTourist View Post
Yeah, I saw that over in the other thread, and popped right on up to the urinal to try it!

I was (dare I say it? yeah...) cocksure, absolutely certain that with my intuitive mind I would safely pass for a fella. Nope. Got an embarrassing 2 out of 6, with them suggesting that I probably was female. OUTED!

I'm going to go sit and ponder this now.
To be honest, I didn't expect anyone to get less than 4 out of 6. Which ones did you miss? What was your reasoning behind your incorrect answers?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 10,473
There was no option for forming a line behind the guy in the #1 spot and singing "I'm a little teapot."
Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Charter Member
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Schenectady, NY, USA
Posts: 40,844
Frankly, I don't care which one to go to. The whole thing is silly in the extreme.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Guest
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: My Own Private Iowa
Posts: 15,380
Take the spot next to mine and I'll pee on your leg!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 12,253
I call bullshit. If urinal 4 is the correct answer to #5, then either available urinal should be an acceptable answer to #6. In both cases you're just forming a line of 3, and not "pairing off" with anyone.

4/6, by the way.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,275
2 to of 6. That means the test is incorrect 4 out of 6 times! I don't know who made up this test but if he stood by me in a bathroom I wouldn't be surprised if he started talking about his feelings.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Guest
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 5,109
I got 2/6. But the major issue the test writer is ignoring that NOT CARING is the malest reaction of all.

The way it works? Go to the urinal, whip it out, shake it, zip, and walk away. No eye contact, no discussion.

Bonus points for whistling loudly or continuing a phone conversation.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: England, Britain, UK
Posts: 18,480
I disagree with the answer to question 5. Stall 4 adds to the discomfiture of the guy in 5, since he's now sandwiched. Stall 1 leaves the two of you no worse placed than the 5-6 pair.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Guest
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,995
5 out of 6. Totally disagree with the last one. If it's so jam-packed that 4 of the 6 urinals are being used, then I'm guessing it's busy enough that people are constantly coming into the restroom. (E.g. ballpark, major roadside rest area, truck stop, or tourist spot like Buc-ees.) You will get more unwanted attention being "that guy loitering near the urinal" than by just going up, finishing your business, and leaving. Moreover, how do you stop someone behind you from jumping in line?

All this assumes that all of the toilet stalls are already filled, of course.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:04 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,649
I heard on tv that the end stall is usually the msot clean so thats why I chose it. I got a 1.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Home 07 NCAA HockeyChamps
Posts: 19,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy Hollow View Post
Bonus points for whistling loudly or continuing a phone conversation.
I disagree. Using a phone at the urinal is an admission that your member does not require two hands.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Guest
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,391
Outstanding! 5 out of 6 (I too didn't think that not answering was an option). Not bad for a lady type, hey?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On the cusp, also in SF
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy Hollow View Post
I got 2/6. But the major issue the test writer is ignoring that NOT CARING is the malest reaction of all.

The way it works? Go to the urinal, whip it out, shake it, zip, and walk away. No eye contact, no discussion.

Bonus points for whistling loudly or continuing a phone conversation.
No! No talking or other noise making! Farts are allowed, however.


Roddy
Old 03-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Guest
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 48 M East of the Ravine
Posts: 4,382
4/6 I missed the last two.

I think it's better to take an end urinal next to someone then a middle urinal next to someone. That logic means that you never want to be the first guy to pair up since you will then be in the middle of two which is a much worse situation.

The correct answer to 6 was to go piss in a stall but since there wasn't a button for that I just picked the one closest to the door, assuming 1 is closest to the door. Hanging around in the bathroom when there is an open urinal is just awkward and unacceptable.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,028
I just took the closest one to the door for all of them. Talk about overthinking things.

Otara
Old 03-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Western New York
Posts: 75,519
The answers they gave for five and six are wrong.

For five, the correct answer if #1. Why? Because there are no isolated urinals so you can't pick one of those. But if you pick #3 or #4 you run the risk that another guy will come in and take the other one - now you're surrounded. #1 is an end urinal so you've got a secure flank.

For six, the correct answer is #3 or #4 (whichever is closest to the door). The quiz may be about urinal etiquette but that's just one part of men's room etiquette. And a prime rule of men's room etiquette is you don't hang out in the men's room. You go in, do what you came there to do, and leave. Hanging out while there are two available urinals is just wrong.

Last edited by Little Nemo; 03-08-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Suburbs of Chicagoland
Posts: 22,337
Female, got 3 of 6. I missed #2 (picked 5 because I figured that I was counting off spaces to leave an even number between for guy #3 to fit in), 5 (I chose 1 because at least I'd be next to only one other guy), and 6 (it's busy, better pee now rather than hang out and look weird).
Old 03-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: On the level, if inclined
Posts: 13,233
Not answering #6 is incorrect unless you're a true neurotic. If the bathroom is that busy you're at an event or in a brief intermission in a business meeting--you take what's left (and avoid standing next to the VP) and get on with your life.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Guest
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ilford, England
Posts: 525
I started the test, but gave up on it. In real life, I think there are other variables, such as:
  • How the urinals are aligned in relation to the entrance.
  • To what extent you have to walk closely behind others already using urinals, in order to get to a free one.
  • Whether someone is following through the entrance door right behind me.
  • To what extent other people would have to walk closely behind me to get to/from the other urinals.
  • How close together the urinals are.
  • Whether there are "partitions" between the urinals.
  • Whether the urinal(s) at one end are designed for children.
  • Cleanliness, etc. of the area around individual urinals.
  • How sober I am!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 14,808
2 of 6. One I chose the appropriately homophobic one for my own comfort, one for the sake of others'. The rest I don't care.

Stupid "test" anyway. Were these guys raised in isolation or something?

Last edited by foolsguinea; 03-08-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 246
I got 2 out of 6 but my man code says other than the obvious "avoid a urinal next to another guy if possible" just go to the first available; anything else is overthinking it in my humble opinion.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East Texas
Posts: 9,813
I got 3 out of 6, but I changed one that should have landed me 4 out of 6. Darn those tricky configurations!





ETA: But I'm a woman though. Surely that helps my cause.

Last edited by joyfool; 03-08-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Guest
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 8,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malacandra View Post
I disagree with the answer to question 5. Stall 4 adds to the discomfiture of the guy in 5, since he's now sandwiched.
That's what makes it the the right choice. He's discomfited, which means he's not a threat.

I scored 4/6, but really, I got them all right. On number 2, if you're confident, you line up one over from the occupied urinal. His choices are OK, if you're a scared, girly man.

Which brings us to his explanation for #6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared Girly Man
You go to the mirror and pretend to comb your hair or straighten a tie until the urinals "open up" a bit more. If you have to go REAL, REAL BAD, for god's sake! ... use a doored stall.
Yeah, I bet you'd do that, Girly Man. Grow a pair and man up to the stall. And for God's sake, never go to a bar with a trough. You'd end up wetting yourself trying to hold it.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Guest
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 8,858
... man up to a urinal.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Guest
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paris
Posts: 16,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malacandra View Post
I disagree with the answer to question 5. Stall 4 adds to the discomfiture of the guy in 5, since he's now sandwiched. Stall 1 leaves the two of you no worse placed than the 5-6 pair.
It's not because 5 was very very wrong when he choose his spot that you're allowed to do the same.

The answer to this question is correct. You don't pair, damnit!


Got 5 out of 6, by the way. I would have a very good urinal etiquette if I used them (which I avoid as much as I can).
Old 03-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Guest
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Paris
Posts: 16,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBeam View Post
I scored 4/6, but really, I got them all right. On number 2, if you're confident, you line up one over from the occupied urinal. .
I agree. I gave the correct answer on this one because it was in the "easy" section, so I guessed it was the expected answer.

But I disagree with your choice of 3. The real correct answer was 4, leaving as much space as possible on both sides.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 26,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Gwilliam View Post
I started the test, but gave up on it. In real life, I think there are other variables, such as:
  • How the urinals are aligned in relation to the entrance.
  • To what extent you have to walk closely behind others already using urinals, in order to get to a free one.
  • Whether someone is following through the entrance door right behind me.
  • To what extent other people would have to walk closely behind me to get to/from the other urinals.
  • How close together the urinals are.
  • Whether there are "partitions" between the urinals.
  • Whether the urinal(s) at one end are designed for children.
  • Cleanliness, etc. of the area around individual urinals.
  • How sober I am!
Also, where are the stalls and is the a break in the stall partition that allows eye contact with a person sitting on the toilet.

Also, without going into too much detail (because I'm not going to go back and look at the test again to argue what I say here), I don't agree with several of the answers. For example, on #5, if you go to Urinal 4, you run the risk of someone else going next to you, why not go to the one next to the wall?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Guest
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: I'm right behind you!
Posts: 7,176
Got 4/6 and agree that it was them who got the last two wrong. Same rules apply to bathroom stalls, pretty much.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:11 AM
Guest
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oregon's Outback
Posts: 1,050
I took this test before, on another site. The test I took was longer--ten questions, if I recall, but also gave about three rules beforehand. It turned into a logic problem after that.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Member
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 20,848
I got 5 of 6 (I missed #5; my logic was that the guy at U#5 already had a guy on one side of him, and it would be rude to surround him. Better to cause 50% discomfort to 1 guy than escalate someone's discomfort to 100%, I figgered.).

Every chance I get, I make sure that I let people know about this little video that teaches Male Restroom Etiquette.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:50 AM
Guest
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 37,922
I got 4 out of 6, missing the last two. For both 5 and 6, I just considered getting to one end of the line or the other to guarantee no more than 1 guy was standing next to me. If I have to go, I'll take any open spot because I need to take a leak.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Charter Member
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,901
5 out of 6 (missed #5). Having a shy bladder sufficed for me to get the rest of them correct, but it led me astray on that question, since I'd much rather be able to reliably cast my gaze leftward at open space.

That, and, as others have mentioned, the "no pairing off" rule is B.S. anyway.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,980
3/6. Much easier being a gal in this situation (if I'm drunk enough to stumble into the men's room, I'm gonna pee in whatever urinal I want, dammit!)
Old 03-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Charter Member
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 6,565
I got 5/6 "missing" number 5 which actually should be urinal #1. You're better off only peeing next to one person than two. In both 5 & 6, the only option is to use a stall really.

My question about urinals is that, in an albeit less and less homophobic society, why are there urinals without partitions? Or worse, the "trough"?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Charter Member
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: St.Louis MO.
Posts: 1,821
I got 5/6 which I guess means that I'm not in any danger of being gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Guest
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malacandra View Post
I disagree with the answer to question 5. Stall 4 adds to the discomfiture of the guy in 5, since he's now sandwiched. Stall 1 leaves the two of you no worse placed than the 5-6 pair.
Totally agree. One is way better than 4. If someone else comes in and uses stall 3, now you're surrounded if you chose #4, vs. being "against the wall" (obviously better).

I got 4 of 6. So i should have gotten 5 of 6 because 1 should be the answer to #5. I also screwed up on #6--in real life I would use the crapper.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Guest
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycrash View Post
I got 5/6 which I guess means that I'm not in any danger of being gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Is there any study that gay men really want to pee next to each other? I don't want to pee next to a person, or crap next to someone (if a stall is taken I go to the bathroom downstairs to crap). But it has nothing to do with homophobia--If we had unisex bathrooms, I would feel the same way.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Guest
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oregon's Outback
Posts: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjs1fs View Post
Is there any study that gay men really want to pee next to each other? I don't want to pee next to a person, or crap next to someone (if a stall is taken I go to the bathroom downstairs to crap). But it has nothing to do with homophobia--If we had unisex bathrooms, I would feel the same way.
Nope, no study done. The truth is all gay men are perverts and want to check out other dudes' junk though. (Not really, but I think that's the idea that some men have.)
Old 03-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Music City USA
Posts: 14,050
I got 5 out of 6. I correctly refused to answer question #6. I'm a macho genius!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisFromOR View Post
Nope, no study done. The truth is all gay men are perverts and want to check out other dudes' junk though. (Not really, but I think that's the idea that some men have.)
My BF and I are both more into privacy than anything. In fact, we work out together at the same chain of gyms and will occasionally go to different locations to work out. However, if the gym doesn't have shower stalls with curtains, we don't go back. On the other hand, I have a couple gay friends and that's the reason they do go to those locations. Diff'rent strokes. Literally. And I'd assume that that's the urinal situation too.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 15,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy Hollow View Post
I got 2/6. But the major issue the test writer is ignoring that NOT CARING is the malest reaction of all.

The way it works? Go to the urinal, whip it out, shake it, zip, and walk away. No eye contact, no discussion.

Bonus points for whistling loudly or continuing a phone conversation.
Indeed. I always thought it was a little suspect when people would refuse to use a urinal right next to someone else. What are you afraid of?
Old 03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 58,797
I missed 5 and 6. I disagree with 5. I think it's better to have a wall on one side, but their reasoning is apparently that it looks less gay to be seen as part of a group of three than to be seen as "paired."
Old 03-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Guest
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: "Hicksville", Ark.
Posts: 33,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWhatsit View Post
I call bullshit. If urinal 4 is the correct answer to #5, then either available urinal should be an acceptable answer to #6. In both cases you're just forming a line of 3, and not "pairing off" with anyone.

4/6, by the way.
I also got the same 4/6 and the above is part of the reason I answered as I did. How could the last one be trickier if the same answer would work?

The other reason is that I've never seen the first stall set up where it's actually in a corner unless there are only two. Since there shouldn't be a partition on that side, you can create more space between you and the other person, and that is the next best thing you can do if you have to stand next to someone.

And the last one is crap because, if you don't really have to go, you also would have avoided the situation in #5. And of course you wouldn't wait around, assuming the stalls were full, you'd just go do something and leave for a bit. I've watched it happen.

Three asides:
It's not any sillier that not wanting to stand right next to someone in an elevator. It's not about being gay, it's about personal space. Particularly personal space when you have a vulnerable part of yourself out.

I think the reason you take the furthest back is courtesy. With no other implications, it falls back to stall rules which say you take the one furthest from the entrance in case someone has an emergency. This same consideration would also allow you to pick #2 and avoid a corner, assuming the first person picked #6 and not #5, as you also maximize the number of usable stalls for everyone else following the rules.

Finally, there's another reason I think it has to do with space. I've seen places with only two urinals, but they have a long enough divider and are far enough apart that no one seems to mind using both.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Searching for Tanelorn
Posts: 6,113
I missed 5, but got six, which makes me one of the unusual ones. I'm going to concur with the majority who believe the test is BS about 5, but for a different reason. I don't want to sandwich the guy in the fifth spot. It's always more nerve wracking when someone walks up next to you and to have someone on both sides is the worst. So out of empathy for the guy in the fifth urinal, I'll go stand next to the wall rather than double-flank some other guy.

Enjoy,
Steven
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: [email protected]

Send comments about this website to:

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: [email protected].

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: match messages tailoring leather jacket the simpsons dope digi key paypal parcel select usps wiry muscles kitty werthmann wiki define merkin phish ftr demark strait drink curdled milk bugle play nfl holders famous private investigators fat soldier meme taco bell packets gone plaid nascar is fake frau bruker hank hills dad dresie and casie bilbos birthday three independent clauses strght boards kotor dark side exit vehicle macro dumb electrician sandwich oil worst tasting medicine my video store salt peter erection salad spinner laundry alcohol to put in coffee what temperature is too hot for cats why do passports take so long what engines fit my car will a splinter come out by itself elton john vs billy joel how to pass a home sleep apnea test what is a polarized plug putting lotion on scalp how to lock helmet to bike pontiac grand prix key stuck in ignition how to iv heroin slide pin brake caliper left over pork chop recipes how to locate underground electrical wires heat water without gas attic trusses vs rafters in a monarchy to what degree does the king or queen hold absolute power me 109 vs spitfire do cigarettes go bad no shirts no shoes no dice vibrating harry potter broomstick how much to get tail light fixed what does ss stand for in ships transfer 401k without leaving job why does starbucks coffee taste burnt sugar free gatorade powder this is us forum freezer at 10 degrees no hands deluxe auto can opener type of penguins in happy feet