Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Want: wireless, non-Bluetooth lightweight on-the-ear headphones for the gym

I currently use earbuds, and I am usually watching and listening to the TV on the treadmill or elliptical. I hate the cords.

Logitech had what looked like a great model, apparently, but it was both way too expensive and apparently not offered any more. It had just a small transmitter with a mini-plug, and a behind-the-head design that looked like it would take some wear and tear.

I have searched and searched but all I can find are:

a) those big over-the-ear models with a big transmitter, usually designed for watching tv at home.

b) bluetooth models, that require that the sending unit has bluetooth; these seem to be designed to be used primarily with Apple I-devices.

Anyone know of any other kinds around?

Roddy
Old 01-12-2012, 08:11 PM
I have a Sony W Series Walkman - it's both a player and headphones, totally wireless, comfortable and sweat-proof. 2GB capacity, but I just drag/drop playlists from iTunes so this works perfectly for me. I think the sound quality is good, but sometimes it's hard to tell over my own wheezing.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
I have a Sony W Series Walkman - it's both a player and headphones, totally wireless, comfortable and sweat-proof. 2GB capacity, but I just drag/drop playlists from iTunes so this works perfectly for me. I think the sound quality is good, but sometimes it's hard to tell over my own wheezing.
I meant to add a third type that I had found:

c) self-contained MP3 player-in-a-headphone. Unfortunately, I don't want to listen to music on an Ipod (or I would get one of the bluetooth ones) I want a headset that plugs in to an external source.

Thanks for playing, though.

Roddy
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Corellian Nerfherder
My gut tells me that Bluetooth (which is now fairly common on cell phones in general, not just iPhones) has sucked most of the oxygen out of the room for wireless headsets, and the other technologies have probably been discontinued in favor of Bluetooth.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Corellian Nerfherder
Something like this might help (though it'd require buying two items):

http://ebay.com/itm/New-Wireless...item45ffb6a578

It looks like it's a "dongle" which you plug into a headphone jack (like on your treadmill), and has a Bluetooth transmitter. You'd then pair it with a Bluetooth wireless headset.

Last edited by kenobi 65; 01-12-2012 at 11:32 PM.