Old 07-28-2013, 04:50 PM
BANNED
Source this quote about alternative medicine for me, please!

"If alternative medicine worked, it'd just be called medicine."

I was wondering who came up with this quote, or whatever the original was. Was it anyone notably famous? If it was just some random post online somewhere, what's the oldest you can find? I found something like it on democraticunderground from 2009, but it wasn't from anyone notable.

Help!

Last edited by drewtwo99; 07-28-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:58 PM
I believe it was Tim Minchin in his poem "Storm" which is indeed 2009, but I think became popular after it was turned into an animated short the next year.

I'm not sure if he was the first, but he is where I first heard it - and I think it is often credited to him.

ETA:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U&sns=em
Around 3:14

http://altairiv.net/Storm.html

Last edited by DataX; 07-28-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Oh and the exact quote is...

Quote:
Do you know what they call "alternative medicine"
That's been proved to work?
Medicine.
Which may have an impact on you searching for it.

Assuming his is the quote of course

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off