Old 05-19-2001, 05:51 PM
Charter Member
Yeah, I know, but WHY aren't there any? I can buy bouillon (as cubes or as powder) in beef, chicken, vegetable, even fish flavors.

Most annoying. The lack of pork bouillon cubes, I mean.

---
Omar Little suggests lunatics like me include a disclaimer
Old 05-19-2001, 05:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Look in the ethnic food aisle of your grocery store. I think I've seen it with the Mexican food, but I've never bought it.
Old 05-20-2001, 10:38 AM
Charter Member
They exist, I saw them at an asian grocery, right next to the lemon grass soup boullion cubes.
Old 05-20-2001, 05:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
They have 'em in England. I remember a comic strip in VIZ about 15 years ago about a kid who dressed up in a superhero outfit and squirted people with instant pork stock.

You'll notice that most American soups are based on beef, chicken, or fish stock. And canned stocks and broths such as College Inn don't offer a pork-based selection, either.
Old 05-20-2001, 05:49 PM
I would think that most peoples idea of "Pork flavoring" would be akin to bacon or ham, can't you get the same flavor from salt and smoke flavoring?

BTW; what's up with "flavored" Ramen noodles? They come in beef, pork, chicken and shrimp but they all taste like salt and Mrs. Dash, do these companies think we're stupid?
Old 05-20-2001, 11:46 PM
Dunno about you mojo, but they all taste different to me. Maybe you're putting in too much water?
Old 05-21-2001, 02:46 AM
BANNED
Check your Asian or Hispanic food markets. I have been using pork bullion cubes for over twenty years. There is a type made by Knorr that is pretty good.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:23 AM
I have a box of ham bouillon cubes in my kitchen cabinet.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 AM
I use ham bouillion when I make beans. Look in the Mexican aisle for a box of jamon packets.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:07 AM
I'm pretty sure that I have seen bacon stock cubes (and garlic - which I nabbed)
Old 09-17-2010, 05:22 AM
I have some in my cupboard right now.

You can buy them online here. (Link does not imply recommendation of site, just first Google result I clicked.)
Old 09-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Charter Member
So what does zombie bullion taste like?

Boiled braiinnnsss!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Charter Member
Zombie pig brain bouillon cubes
Old 09-17-2010, 11:50 AM
*goes to hide in a corner and sulk*