Old 04-17-2014, 06:09 PM
BANNED
I found out that my girlfriend visits Stormfront.org

Now, before anyone lambaste or judge her, I visit Stormfront too but I do it for research purpose only. In fact, I read the entire spectrum of sites from far left wacko sites like Jezebel.com to mainstream left (such as Slate.com and TheAtlantic.com) to mainstream Conservative (Townhall.com) to further Right blogs (such as Steve Sailer's blog) to the extreme stuff such as Stormfront and Vanguard News Network. I like to see what people out there are thinking. I read those sites knowing full well, that do not represent most people, not even the mainstream sites.

The thing is, I just don't know if she's doing research like I am. We've never really talked about race and there is no indication that she was hostile to anyone. She has expressed some reservations about "Jewish power" in NYC, but I told her I thought it was a good thing. I told her I was glad Jews run NYC, I can't imagine any other group running it as well or as fairly. I told her that secular Jews were remarkably competent and fair and progressive in their thinking. There was no disagreement from her, just ambivalence. I am content with that.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:24 PM
BANNED
It's like a Pina Colada mashup with Horst Wessel
Old 04-17-2014, 06:28 PM
You think JEZEBEL is "far left wacko"? Seriously??? And then you went along a continuum, where the only Right Wing segment that was similarly described with negative adjectives was "extreme stuff" (which is honestly less pejorative than "far (insert wing of choice) wacko") like Stormfront. Oh yeah, a white supremacist hate site is definitely the counterpart of a media-owned "chick" site that likes to pretend to be feminist when it suits them, but deny calling themselves feminist so they can be super snarky about celebrities appearances and pay $10k for unretouched Lena Dunham photos from Vogue because duuuuh, there's no way that dumpy hosebeast could look even halfway decent naturally.*

* I have strong criticisms against Jezebel, if that didn't make it obvious, but MAN. Far left wacko, eh?
Old 04-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Charter Member
Yeah, I'm probably not as far along on the feminist continuum as even Jezebel, but they aren't far left wacko.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Maybe she was checking the weather forecast?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithy Tove View Post
It's like a Pina Colada mashup with Horst Wessel
*snort*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstarnes View Post
She has expressed some reservations about "Jewish power" in NYC, but I told her I thought it was a good thing. I told her I was glad Jews run NYC,
I condemn thee to chastisement by rolleyes - .
Old 04-17-2014, 07:20 PM
We need more obvious grammatical aspects in Standard American English. (AAVE has a much better system.)

Is this 'visits' in the perfective or imperfective aspect? That is, is she habitually visiting these sites, or did she visit them in the past, maybe due to being fooled by a link, and visits them no longer?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Now, before anyone lambaste or judge her, I visit Stormfront too but I do it for research purpose only. In fact, I read the entire spectrum of sites from far left wacko sites like Jezebel.com to mainstream left (such as Slate.com and TheAtlantic.com) to mainstream Conservative (Townhall.com) to further Right blogs (such as Steve Sailer's blog) to the extreme stuff such as Stormfront and Vanguard News Network. I like to see what people out there are thinking. I read those sites knowing full well, that do not represent most people, not even the mainstream sites.

The thing is, I just don't know if she's doing research like I am. We've never really talked about race and there is no indication that she was hostile to anyone. She has expressed some reservations about "Jewish power" in NYC, but I told her I thought it was a good thing. I told her I was glad Jews run NYC, I can't imagine any other group running it as well or as fairly. I told her that secular Jews were remarkably competent and fair and progressive in their thinking. There was no disagreement from her, just ambivalence. I am content with that.
Okay, let's take it from the top.

You're not conducting research. Research implies your gathering data for some survey. You're just reading. Nothing wrong with that (it's good to read different viewpoints) but let's not kid ourselves.

As for getting different viewpoints, you should probably focus on working from the mainstream center outwards rather than starting at the fringes. You need to keep a firm grounding in reality in order to survive exposure to the nutcases with your reason intact.

Which brings us to the Jews. The only government the Jews control is Israel's. The Jews don't run New York City.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Old 04-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Quote:
She has expressed some reservations about "Jewish power" in NYC, but I told her I thought it was a good thing. I told her I was glad Jews run NYC, I can't imagine any other group running it as well or as fairly. I told her that secular Jews were remarkably competent and fair and progressive in their thinking.
Why are you here?

The purpose of the board is fight ignorance, not promote it.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zweisamkeit View Post
You think JEZEBEL is "far left wacko"? Seriously??? And then you went along a continuum, where the only Right Wing segment that was similarly described with negative adjectives was "extreme stuff" (which is honestly less pejorative than "far (insert wing of choice) wacko") like Stormfront. Oh yeah, a white supremacist hate site is definitely the counterpart of a media-owned "chick" site that likes to pretend to be feminist when it suits them, but deny calling themselves feminist so they can be super snarky about celebrities appearances and pay $10k for unretouched Lena Dunham photos from Vogue because duuuuh, there's no way that dumpy hosebeast could look even halfway decent naturally.*

* I have strong criticisms against Jezebel, if that didn't make it obvious, but MAN. Far left wacko, eh?
Especially since he put Jezebel to the left of Slate, which IMO has jumped the left leaning shark several times by this point in comparison to Jezebel. (I still wouldn't quite call Slate whacko, mind you)
Old 04-17-2014, 07:52 PM
People are so caught up with debating whether one Progressive website is more left than another that they've forgotten we have actual anti-revisionist (Maoist) Communists in this country. This is not to be confused with anti-revisionist (Stalinist) Communism, anti-revisionist (Hoxhaist) Communism, Juche, Trotskyism, or 'Pataphysics, even though the lattermost comes out looking best in any sober comparison.

I'm not aware of any anti-revisionist (One True Scientific Philosophy) Communist news sources, but I'm sure they exist.

Last edited by Derleth; 04-17-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Quote:
I told her I was glad Jews run NYC.
I'm just an ignorant lad from mid-Michigan, I don't know much about NYC. Could you please tell me which Jews-specifically-run the city?

ETA: Oh yeah, and I was curious, how did you find this out about your GF?

Last edited by Ambivalid; 04-17-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derleth View Post
People are so caught up with debating whether one Progressive website is more left than another that they've forgotten we have actual anti-revisionist (Maoist) Communists in this country. This is not to be confused with anti-revisionist (Stalinist) Communism, anti-revisionist (Hoxhaist) Communism, Juche, Trotskyism, or 'Pataphysics, even though the lattermost comes out looking best in any sober comparison.

I'm not aware of any anti-revisionist (One True Scientific Philosophy) Communist news sources, but I'm sure they exist.
Yeah, but I don't care about the actual worrisome super far leftists, just the funny crazy ones.

Last edited by Jragon; 04-17-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
I'm just an ignorant lad from mid-Michigan, I don't know much about NYC. Could you please tell me which Jews-specifically-run the city?
Duh. De Blasio, Bloomberg, Giuliani, Dinkins, Koch. Those just off the top of my head. Two out of five ain't bad.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punoqllads View Post
Duh. De Blasio, Bloomberg, Giuliani, Dinkins, Koch. Those just off the top of my head. Two out of five ain't bad.
Don't forget Jewliani!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
It's the same every year. They're always hoping for a White Christmas.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Duh. De Blasio, Bloomberg, Giuliani, Dinkins, Koch. Those just off the top of my head.
I think Dinkins was only half Jewish.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Now, before anyone lambaste or judge her, I visit Stormfront too but I do it for research purpose only. In fact, I read the entire spectrum of sites from far left wacko sites like Jezebel.com to mainstream left (such as Slate.com and TheAtlantic.com) to mainstream Conservative (Townhall.com) to further Right blogs (such as Steve Sailer's blog)
Yep, right here; this is where you've crossed into race obsessed wackjob country. Steve Sailer is literally the internet poster child for wackjob racial hierarchy theories.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:58 PM
I thought everybody knew that the five jews that secretly run NY are just a front for the Illuminati. New York City is actually controlled by the Argintinean robot mafia.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zweisamkeit View Post
You think JEZEBEL is "far left wacko"? Seriously???
Well this is a guy who visits Stormfront "for research," so... yeah...
Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Dog View Post
I thought everybody knew that the five jews that secretly run NY are just a front for the Illuminati. New York City is actually controlled by the Argintinean robot mafia.
We need Jeff Goldblum and his mighty Apple right about now.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Yeah, well, I've been banned from Stormfront! (There was this forum raid in like 2005...)
Old 04-18-2014, 02:47 AM
Quote:
We've never really talked about race and there is no indication that she was hostile to anyone. She has expressed some reservations about "Jewish power" in NYC, but I told her I thought it was a good thing.
Yeah, she might be a racist, but I think you'll find you aren't very far apart in your views; based on what you've written, she's likely just a bit more honest about them.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Ahh, elected Jews. The OP made it sound more like a behind-the-scenes Jewish Illuminati running NYC; not Jewish mayors.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:29 AM
Nope! I said stop!
Quote:
Ahh, elected Jews. The OP made it sound more like a behind-the-scenes Jewish Illuminati running NYC; not Jewish mayors.
Um, they aren't all jewish on that list. Unless your joke was a woosh, then nevermind...

Last edited by IvoryTowerDenizen; 04-18-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:43 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryTowerDenizen View Post
Um, they aren't all jewish on that list. Unless your joke was a woosh, then nevermind...
When those nice armed masked men start handing out leaflets, ya just never know who will register....
Old 04-18-2014, 07:00 AM
Only be sure always to call it please 'research'.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:02 AM
He meant "run in New York City." Have you ever seen the New York Marathon? 90% of the runners are Jewish professionals -- dentists, accountants, violin players -- who train on weekends. They find it's a great way to channel all that famous nervous energy, and work off the bagel pounds.

(yes, I kid)
Old 04-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Nope! I said stop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKellyMap View Post
He meant "run in New York City." Have you ever seen the New York Marathon? 90% of the runners are Jewish professionals -- dentists, accountants, violin players -- who train on weekends. They find it's a great way to channel all that famous nervous energy, and work off the bagel pounds.

(yes, I kid)
Yes, of course. That makes perfect sense, now!

Old 04-18-2014, 09:05 AM
BANNED
Quote:

ETA: Oh yeah, and I was curious, how did you find this out about your GF?
We were using the same computer and I checked the 'History' (for my own stuff) and found hers. When I say that Jews run NYC I don't mean it in any formal sense, I just mean that many (or most) of the people in the higher levels of government and business are Jewish, mostly secular I think. It's not a bad thing, there's nothing nefarious going on. In fact, the cities' success is due largely to their competence and good moral character.

Last edited by kstarnes; 04-18-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:10 AM
"Bunny named 'Hope' Gets Second Chance at Life Thanks to Rescuer"

Translated from wacko left speak to standard left speak: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."
Old 04-18-2014, 09:13 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Dog View Post
Now, you see, that's the exact opposite of what I think. It's the type of idiocy you'll find at a place like Stormfront. You've missed the nuance of my argument.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
It's the same every year. They're always hoping for a White Christmas.
:slow clap:
Old 04-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Nope! I said stop!
Quote:
It's not a bad thing, there's nothing nefarious going on. In fact, the cities' success is due largely to their competence and good moral character.
Please don't. Even "positive" stereotypes are really demeaning.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:24 AM
BANNED
Are you going to argue that even positive feelings and admiration for the Jewish peoples and their traditions is........ what? Anti-semitic? That's idiocy, imo.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Says the guy who hangs out at stormfront.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Nope! I said stop!
Quote:
Are you going to argue that even positive feelings and admiration for the Jewish peoples and their traditions is........ what? Anti-semitic? That's idiocy, imo.
Um, I don't remember saying any of that. You didn't say you admire our traditions. I admire the traditions of lots of other cultures, too. You said Jews are competent and of good moral character. Those are individual traits you are assigning to a group of people just because of what ethnic background/religion they have. You can't make those assumptions about an individual- positive or negative- based on their membership in a group. Bernie Madoff, anyone?

And where did I say it was anti-semitic? I said it's demeaning (or patronizing) for someone to think they know about my "good moral character" because I'm Jewish. I don't think it's that hard to understand why even having positive stereotypes can be frustrating (You're Asian, must be good in math! Pick the black guy for our team, he must be a good athlete!).

Since you must believe I'm competent and have good moral character you should just take my word for it, right?

Last edited by IvoryTowerDenizen; 04-18-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:44 AM
The Central Scrutinizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryTowerDenizen View Post
Since you must believe I'm competent and have good moral character you should just take my word for it, right?
Unless you are a goy who is lying and trying to ride on Jewish coattails.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Nope! I said stop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
Unless you are a goy who is lying and trying to ride on Jewish coattails.
Shhhhh..... I've been building my Jew-cred for for years now. Don't out me!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:40 AM
I have a large beard. My friend Menachem says it gives my Jew-cred.

By the way he lives in Brooklyn and runs nothing.

Capt
Old 04-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Now, before anyone lambaste or judge her, I visit Stormfront too.....
Wow, all this time I've been lambasting and judging people who visit Stormfront, completely oblivious to the fact that kstarnes visits it too. Boy do I feel stupid.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Coincidentally, the Southern Poverty Law Center just this week released a report on Stormfront and its role as a gathering place for hate crime murderers.
http://splcenter.org/sites/defau...world_wide.pdf

Quote:
Though on any given day, fewer than 1,800 registered members log on to Stormfront, and less than half of the site’s visitors even reside in the United States, a two-year study by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) shows that registered Stormfront users have been disproportionately responsible for some of the most lethal hate crimes and mass killings since the site was put up in 1995. In the past five years alone, Stormfront members have murdered close to 100 people.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
Coincidentally, the Southern Poverty Law Center just this week released a report on Stormfront and its role as a gathering place for hate crime murderers.
http://splcenter.org/sites/defau...world_wide.pdf
Man, thats like...twice the body count of our Message Board.

(though to be .....fair?...or something, more then two thirds of their murders were the work of one guy)
Old 04-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Quote:
She has expressed some reservations about "Jewish power" in NYC, but I told her I thought it was a good thing. I told her I was glad Jews run NYC, I can't imagine any other group running it as well or as fairly.

[The Major from Fawlty Towers]: "And the strange thing was... throughout the morning she kept referring to the Indians as niggers. "No no no," I said, "the niggers are the West Indians. These people are wogs." [/TMFFT]

Last edited by Battle Pope; 04-18-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Obvious question.

Are you sure she's not visiting Stormfront because you are?

Your visits will be in the history section too (unless you're deleting it). In addition google and similar sites often offer an auto-complete of a frequently visited site.

If she started to type in 'St' and it came up with Stormfront.org, that might have prompted investigation.

It may be she's wondering why you're visiting Stormfront and hasn't worked out how to raise the subject?

No evidence of course, i just thought i'd raise the possibility.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:19 PM
I Am the One Who Bans
I think you should get married, have many children, and keep the internet entertained for years to come. Now here's a link to one of my favorite Onion stories.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:44 PM
This is like the guy who visits a whorehouse and discovers his wife working there.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicio View Post
Man, thats like...twice the body count of our Message Board.

(though to be .....fair?...or something, more then two thirds of their murders were the work of one guy)
Yeah, our Fantasy Murder League score would be way better if we had Anders Brevik on our team.

OTOH, we'd have Anders Brevik on our team.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
Only be sure always to call it please 'research'.