Old 07-07-2014, 11:39 PM
What's Kunal Nayyar's real accent?

On The Big Bang Theory he has a typical (to a USAian) Indian via England accent. On TBS's Sullivan & Son it's California duchebag. What's his real deal? Just curious.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Charter Member
Here he is on a talk show.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Since he is really from India and came to the US when he was 18, I would presume that his "real deal" is the Indian accent. Being a talented actor, he can probably accurately simulate a variety of American accents. He spent several years in Portland, Oregon, which has very similar intonations as much of California.

Since he was only on one episode of Sullivan & Son and I did not see it, however, the discussion of his American accent(s) is mostly speculation on my part.

Here is what he says about his own accent (from IMDB.com):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal Nayyar
I have a dialect myself; it's more pronounced, because I have studied theatre and been in England. It's half-British, half-Indian.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
He's going to be back on Sullivan & Son tonight.