Old 12-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Gotta say, the Elf looks pretty cute in some of those Basso "furs". I hope to gawd he doesn't try his "We're both married, but let's make out" BS routine with her though. I'll seriously hurl.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Taint View Post
Gotta say, the Elf looks pretty cute in some of those Basso "furs". I hope to gawd he doesn't try his "We're both married, but let's make out" BS routine with her though. I'll seriously hurl.
But once again she had to emphasize that she had on an extra small. They must run very big because she has gotten very broad in the hip thigh area. I gave in and ordered the black. Really need something dressy for winter and it looks like you can dress it up or down.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:53 AM
Charter Member
Beauty Taint check your PM's.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil1 View Post
But once again she had to emphasize that she had on an extra small. They must run very big because she has gotten very broad in the hip thigh area. I gave in and ordered the black. Really need something dressy for winter and it looks like you can dress it up or down.
It must run big, for sure. I'm guessing most of their clothing does, but I've never ordered any from them. It is a coat, too, so more forgiving. I bet she doesn't brag about the pant sizes when she wears them. Lol. Hope you love your coat when you get it!

And Ugh. Rachel "sexy" growling for Orthaheel dude. Do ALL the women hosts have to act like they've just got out of prison when they work with him? Back it off a little, sister!
Old 12-04-2014, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedbaloney View Post
I'm so glad I resisted the urge to buy whirlygig's (Graver's) TSV "puffer coat". The reviews are BAD! Sizing off, lining of sleeves hanging out of cuffs, snaps not lined up right, hoods too small---even some complaints about the coat making too much noise!

What gets me, is how in the midst of all the 1-2 star reviews, all of a sudden there'll be a 5 star proclaiming: "THIS IS THE BEST COAT EVER! PERFECT FIT!! LOVE SUSAN GRAVER COATS! GOING BACK AND BUYING THE REST OF THE COLORS!!!!

And then when you click on the person's id to read their reviews for other items, oh gee, guess what? THEY HAVE NO OTHER REVIEWS. Their lovefest for dotty's latest crapola is the one and only review they've ever posted. Hmmm...seems kind of suspicious to me. Wonder if dotty practices damage control by having her minions sign up for Q accounts and head straight for the 'write a review' page?
I just saw pics of the stupid puffer (what kind of name is that?) coat. Who the hell wants a noisy coat? Even if you don't mind, think of all the poor souls whose nerves you're grating as you zeep-zop around in that stupid thing. One day someone will come up and hit you over the head with a shovel. You'll say you have no idea why but really, you'll know. Yooou'll know.

Welcome to our new members! Hope to see you in some of the other forums and threads.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:23 AM
I'm here! I got a note from biz buzz at ptv, and she is hopeful that it will be unlocked.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPalmer72 View Post
I'm excited that Kathy Levine is gonna be on tv again - I wish shophq was in HD tho
I'm happy about Kathy Levine too! Will she be a host or a OAP?
Old 12-04-2014, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou7 View Post
NOOOO!!!!! Please don't go back there. ( even though I don't know where there is).

Please stay with us. We have cookies here!!!
Cool! "They" think we're nice here AND they have cookies!!! I'm stayin'

Last edited by AuntCarol; 12-04-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPalmer72 View Post
I'm excited that Kathy Levine is gonna be on tv again - I wish shophq was in HD tho
Me too. Have you noticed all everyone looks about 2 feet tall without the HD?
Old 12-04-2014, 02:35 AM
Quote:
It must run big, for sure. I'm guessing most of their clothing does, but I've never ordered any from them. It is a coat, too, so more forgiving. I bet she doesn't brag about the pant sizes when she wears them. Lol. Hope you love your coat when you get it!

And Ugh. Rachel "sexy" growling for Orthaheel dude. Do ALL the women hosts have to act like they've just got out of prison when they work with him? Back it off a little, sister!
Gads, he doesn't appeal to me in the least! I guess there are really no really handsome guys around the Q. Rick is ok. Dan? Dan? David? Chaz?
Old 12-04-2014, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benchwarmer View Post
well kids, it's gonna be a a merry shitzmas after all.

My package arrived tonight.

I'm not sure who (or what) delivered it, but they were wearing a taxicab yellow (honk honk) cape and mask, rang the doorbell, dropped the package and ran. Must be the q's new special delivery service.

It's only taken 2 1/2 weeks to get from pa to ny via va, ca, the grand canyon and mt rushmore. A large "what happens in vegas..." bumper sticker is plastered halfway across the address label. I guess my box has really been around.

Ratings to follow after a few shitzmas test runs!
finally!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 04:56 AM
FYI: The playground padlock has been removed.

Dooney's 12 Days of Christmas event began yesterday -- on their site. Every day brings a bunch of new stuff at great prices. Purchases over $100 ship FREE. Take that QVC!

@Seahag
I'm not holding my breath on the second shipment. IF they do what they said, yeah, it's pepperment flavored shit all-around.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:59 AM
BANNED
This is the snark that shut down a forum? A hint to the newbies, don't wander too far outside Cafe Society. The resident level of snark increases alarmingly. The Pit will singe your eyebrows. You might even get the vapors.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Thanks for setting this up Honey. (and thanks to Beauty Taint for the notification). I got here with no problem.

Last edited by Fishy; 12-04-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:22 AM
I, for one, will miss Lisa Roberts when she's gone. Especially her special gift for standing with one hip two feet to the left of central body mass without falling over.

Oh, and she'll always be Karen* to me.

*Because all Karens are deuchebags.

Last edited by QuickSilver; 12-04-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Poor Lisa had to get a cortisone shot for her shoulder. I'm no doctor but lugging around that heavy ass GIGGLY purse probably doesn't help.

If you liked her turd brown boots they are available.....not from QVC but from Roberto Cavalli $$$. And the Givenchy animal print shoes she posted can be yours for $950 at Bergdorf Goodman. Must be nice to soon be unemployed!
Old 12-04-2014, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=QuickSilver;17948572]I, for one, will miss Lisa Roberts when she's gone. Especially her special gift for standing with one hip two feet to the left of central body mass without falling over.

Lovingly (wink) referred to as the "right-hip-thrust" which coincides with the ever famous "forward-neck-thrust". When her shoulder is completely shot, she can have her Orthopedic brother do her total shoulder replacement.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:31 AM
This is the most adorable thread. Welcome, all.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:49 AM
RE post about Kathy Levione upthread: Good question. the info she posted doesn't exactly say--just that she''ll be reporting from all over. I bet they will have her on TV once in awhile though

Last edited by NancyKMS; 12-04-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=B-C-N-U;17948684]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I, for one, will miss Lisa Roberts when she's gone. Especially her special gift for standing with one hip two feet to the left of central body mass without falling over.

Lovingly (wink) referred to as the "right-hip-thrust" which coincides with the ever famous "forward-neck-thrust". When her shoulder is completely shot, she can have her Orthopedic brother do her total shoulder replacement.
I always called it "assuming the position."

I for one will not miss the insistance that she is a fashion maven while all the while wearing that dumpy uniform of leggings made of too thick material, black distressed leather riding boots and a black tissue tunic. None of which is available at the Q, because the Duchess wouldn't actually be caught dead wearing ANY of the qrap she is paid to sell.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:53 AM
made it here too

Thanks honey for this link. Now I have much reading to do to. Nice to see so many familiar "faces" names. I wasn't sure where this thread was under but used the search for names from old forum. I guess Puddy is Puddykatt?? lol

Oh well let the snarking begin. Glad to be here. Now on a shopping note received my order yesterday from ShopQ. I had ordered some tops and a pair of jeans all of which fit, looked nice, were reasonably priced ( 2 were under $10.00) with free shipping no sales tax and timely delivery. The material is thinner but for me they work for layering under jackets and sweaters. I'm from Mi and the weather and temps are always going up down so when I'm out one never knows what the stores temps are set at. Usually either over heated or freezing.

I hope the other regulars find their way here as they were very funny and witty.

Thanks again Honey

Linda
Old 12-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Hey, I'm in!

With thanks to the webmaster. Would you believe (well, if you know me, you'd believe), I registered here very early this AM, before I was sufficiently caffeinated. And until I was done, didn't realize I'd omitted the "e" at the end of my username. Gah. I emailed the webmaster, and despite the unholy early hour, got a response a few minutes ago that they'd fixed my misspelling.

I've been otherwise occupied and not all that interested to even click by the shopping channels when the content guide says stuff like "Gifts." Don't need any gifts of spite, our family does name drawing for the adults, and besides that I just shop for 4 children who are now at those wonderful ages when they think getting their own money is cool. I just try to come up with clever containers for each one. Last year I found some marvelous tins at HomeGoods in the form of retro British vehicles (cabs, firetrucks, etc.). They were full of really bad candy, which I just dumped. The kids were happy, it was easy. Let's hope this year it's not much more trouble than that.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
My first thought: Why on earth are they all so interested in snarking on home shopping channels?

My startling realization: I don't watch shopping channels myself, but when I'm visiting my mom, we sometimes watch QVC while she provides endless snarky commentary and marvels about how the hosts can wax rhapsodic about some dumb product for a half-hour at a time.* So I guess I occasionally do the same thing as you guys.

For what it's worth, one of her biggest complaints is that when they're selling accessories like handbags and jewelry, the models are usually wearing fancy clothes and not more everyday clothes like jeans and a sweater. I don't know if that's always true, but it seems to be, according to what I've seen. (Of course the models will look a lot spiffier in their jeans and sweaters than the rest of us mere mortals, but at least it would provide a better sense of what the accessory would look like in real life.)

My biggest peeve: When they show close-ups of the host's hands...and the host really needs a fill on her gels/acrylics. Seriously, guys...you're practically hand-modeling here! Get your fills on time!

* Though in the past couple of years, my mom's main snarking target has become House Hunters Inernational. (Are these people crazy? They're looking for a vacation cottage in Bali and complaining that it doesn't have a huge American-style kitchen! If they want stainless appliances so bad, they should just stay home!)
Old 12-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bean View Post
My first thought: Why on earth are they all so interested in snarking on home shopping channels?

My startling realization: I don't watch shopping channels myself, but when I'm visiting my mom, we sometimes watch QVC while she provides endless snarky commentary and marvels about how the hosts can wax rhapsodic about some dumb product for a half-hour at a time.* So I guess I occasionally do the same thing as you guys.

For what it's worth, one of her biggest complaints is that when they're selling accessories like handbags and jewelry, the models are usually wearing fancy clothes and not more everyday clothes like jeans and a sweater. I don't know if that's always true, but it seems to be, according to what I've seen. (Of course the models will look a lot spiffier in their jeans and sweaters than the rest of us mere mortals, but at least it would provide a better sense of what the accessory would look like in real life.)

My biggest peeve: When they show close-ups of the host's hands...and the host really needs a fill on her gels/acrylics. Seriously, guys...you're practically hand-modeling here! Get your fills on time!

* Though in the past couple of years, my mom's main snarking target has become House Hunters Inernational. (Are these people crazy? They're looking for a vacation cottage in Bali and complaining that it doesn't have a huge American-style kitchen! If they want stainless appliances so bad, they should just stay home!)
Ah, Green Bean! You've hit on two of our main snark issues: Bad nails on shopping channel hosts and (in another forum altogether over at our Other Site): entitled clueless house hunters!

The winnah and all time champion of nails that need a fill is Lisa Robertson, soon to be departing from QVC after a couple of decades as Queen, or perhaps Duchess, of all things fashion. I mean, if you make the kind of big bucks that she must make, and you're on TV as your JOB, and you have those acrylic nails? Maintain them. Sheesh. Back in the day when I had those acrylic overlays, I worked long hours, wasn't on TV, didn't make TV host money, and *still* managed to get my blinkin' nails done regularly. Also, I got tired of them, and eventually got rid of all overlays altogether, though going back to natural nails was a process after all those years of acrylics. I find Lisa's look to be outdated in so many ways, including her nail style, though apparently thousands disagree.

Last edited by Suz at Large; 12-04-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Whew - made it. I feel like I've taken a 3-hour flight on Jet Blue. (just kidding lol)

I'm still a little shell-shocked by the drama at the other site. Still not really sure what went so wrong, who was stalking whom?, and even worse, who was doing so much complaining and about what? I'm a bit afraid to post anything at the moment.

Thanks for doing this, Honey, I love message boards and all the ones I used to belong to have closed. Didn't even know this one was out there, but it looks great.

Ok, this wasn't really very snarky, but chock it up to jet lag.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:45 AM
I may have a couple to send to you, my ninja big container doesnt work any more so i only got the little ones, i ordered a vitamix tired of buying disposable blenders
Old 12-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Quote:

Aha, yes, that's how it starts, Greenbean. I leave the SCs on mostly for background noise. Then the ridiculousness of it all started seeping into my consciousness, making me wonder how they manage to sell anything to anyone.

The nails. Seriously. I've seen crack hos with better nails. A multi billion dollar company lets the faces (or hands, as it were!) of their brand go on TV looking like that and trying to sell me ish. Huh? I used to hate watch House Hunters sometimes, too. I had to stop. Seriously rage inducing.

Thanks for the welcomes, to all that posted them.

Suz almost Larg, glad to see ya.

Last edited by Beauty Taint; 12-04-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:01 AM
made it here too

Thanks honey for this link. Now I have much reading to do to. Nice to see so many familiar "faces" names. I wasn't sure where this thread was under but used the search for names from old forum. I guess Puddy is Puddykatt?? lol

Oh well let the snarking begin. Glad to be here. Now on a shopping note received my order yesterday from ShopQ. I had ordered some tops and a pair of jeans all of which fit, looked nice, were reasonably priced ( 2 were under $10.00) with free shipping no sales tax and timely delivery. The material is thinner but for me they work for layering under jackets and sweaters. I'm from Mi and the weather and temps are always going up down so when I'm out one never knows what the stores temps are set at. Usually either over heated or freezing.

I hope the other regulars find their way here as they were very funny and witty.

Thanks again Honey

Linda
Old 12-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Update

The other forum re-opened. Just did a quick drive-by. Anyone else see it?
Old 12-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Harry London

When I checked on my order I was told it would ship out. It was ordered to ship next week 12/8. They said orders after that would be cancelled. Email would go out. Sorry for those folks. Remains to be seen if mine actually arrives at its destination
Old 12-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntCarol View Post
I'm happy about Kathy Levine too! Will she be a host or a OAP?
She's going to be more like a "roving reporter" appearing from time to time. Here's her YouTube video explaining it: https://youtube.com/watch?v=gQLyFeOEUxQ - produced with a heavy hand on the fake audience soundtrack (cheers!!! applause!! more cheers!!).
Old 12-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Yes, I saw it Nancy. I like it here, too, though. I'll be checking around on other topics here. I wasn't that interested in the other sections at TOP, as I'm not a big TV show watcher in general. As mentioned before, I keep SCs on for background noise, since I decided to "cut the cord" with pay TV a few years ago. :-D When I had cable, I kept mostly ESPN on for background noise, so finally wondered why I was paying all that money just to listen to ESPN, which I can stream or whatever if I want. Now it's the SCs, as network broadcast TV is largely neither interesting nor especially snark worthy to me.

I'm not big on participating in forums much, either, as a rule. I have an NFL team forum that I'm active in, and the SC chat, and that's it. But now that I've ended up here, I'll definitely check around and see if anything "grabs" me.

Last edited by Beauty Taint; 12-04-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz at Large View Post
She's going to be more like a "roving reporter" appearing from time to time. Here's her YouTube video explaining it: https://youtube.com/watch?v=gQLyFeOEUxQ - produced with a heavy hand on the fake audience soundtrack (cheers!!! applause!! more cheers!!).
Yes, that was pretty cheesy, right? A flashback to old timey shop TV production values, indeed! I wondered if it was on purpose, or if they really are working on such a tight budget they can't even afford some kind of whiz bang production software and hire some kid to make up something more slick with it? But, hey, I kinda like SHQ. Minus Invicta. Because Dimi and Jorge aka Hoo-ha.

Last edited by Beauty Taint; 12-04-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Oh, Beauty Taint, I *do* miss your avatar!

I also cut the cable cord, and went without it for two years. Last July, not too long after we got over the air QVC, I got cable teevee again. I missed some of my fave and relatively obscure cable shows, a lot of them on ID, Smithsonian, AHC (fka The Military Channel), and H2 (fka History International). Since I already had Comcast phone and innernet (no other good options where I live), I got a good "promotional" package price for throwing in TV again.

I also have the TV on as background a lot. But I just can't with the shopping channels very often. Seems like there's an annoying voice, or something, that finally makes me click over to another thing.

BTW, thanks for the greeting. And, greetings to all the familiar "faces" (usernames) I'm seeing this morning.

Last edited by Suz at Large; 12-04-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyKMS View Post
The other forum re-opened. Just did a quick drive-by. Anyone else see it?
I saw that. I really don't want to go back. They treated us like crap. How do you guys feel about it? It would be hard to be half in one place and half in the other.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:33 PM
I never used to pay attention to shopping hosts nails. Now I watch them like a hawk and critique them like a NYT food critic. And I blame all of YOU. lol

In all seriousness, I've never seen any of the other hosts whose nails are as ill-kempt as LR's. Have they always been that way? Or is this just another symptom of her slide from super host to phoning it in? I don't remember her dressing so sloppily and looking unkempt in previous years. Am I just not remembering correctly, or is this something relatively new for her?

I've begun to think she really does need to do something (anything) else. Her life is pretty much her job and if she's this unhappy with her job, her life must be pretty miserable.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
I saw that. I really don't want to go back. They treated us like crap. How do you guys feel about it? It would be hard to be half in one place and half in the other.
I think I'm going to try both, maybe. I'm not keen about how things were handled, either. And I appreciate having a place here, where apparently nobody would get their panties in a twist about even the mildest ribbing of strangers on TV. Lol We are a pretty tame group for the most part, IMO, so I don't appreciate having to walk on eggshells when I post, or get shut down just because a few people get "wild" on occasion.

Last edited by Beauty Taint; 12-04-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Quote:
I won't be going back.. I'm a little " gun shy" right now. I really don't understand what happened. The admin. Over there posted about " being a dick" and " vitriol". What???

I hardly ever posted but, it felt like walking on egg shells. Maybe the peeps that were offended will stay over there. When I don't agree with other posters I just skip over their posts.. No need to complain to admins.. IMO ...

Anyway thanks Honey and Beauty Taint for creating this page and welcoming us rebels!!
Old 12-04-2014, 12:53 PM
I'll probably read both. Won't ever leave completely because there were so many other forums I read over there.

But seriously, I could NOT figure out what the lockdown was all about??? I mean I know some people got pretty snarky about LaLisa (isn't that what the site was for?)and as far as the objections to what the mods were going to do - maybe the comments should have been made off the forum (PM) and not on the forum?!?

I'd love to know who was doing all the complaining to the mods about the comments of it being 'so uncomfortable'. at times. Give me a break...
Old 12-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
I'll probably read both. Won't ever leave completely because there were so many other forums I read over there.

But seriously, I could NOT figure out what the lockdown was all about??? I mean I know some people got pretty snarky about LaLisa (isn't that what the site was for?)and as far as the objections to what the mods were going to do - maybe the comments should have been made off the forum (PM) and not on the forum?!?

I'd love to know who was doing all the complaining to the mods about the comments of it being 'so uncomfortable'. at times. Give me a break...
ITA. But I've just decided I'm not above posting there, too, if only to do my part to keep the topic alive and spite those that apparently want it closed, or at least made all sweetness and light. Yes, I can be petty like that, too.

Last edited by Beauty Taint; 12-04-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm planning on keeping a toe in the water on the other site, too. Although I probably won't post much until I see the direction the conversation is going. I hate it when someone is undermining a group by complaining secretly about certain members or their opinions. Since that seems to be solicited, even supported, I'm leary about giving a strong opinion of any type. Which pretty much sucks the fun out of things in my book.

If you are out there and really not liking what I have to say, PM me and say so. If your point is valid, I'll adjust my commenting. Just don't skulk and tattle.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:00 PM
ITA also, ownedbysetters.

More on topic, I'll share my latest "scathing" observation...

Admittedly, I don't frequent Starbucks, et al, except maybe when I'm at an airport, but is the price of a cuppa really up to $10.91 these days? Just wondering, as Kerstin said the $10.91 Easy Pie for the Lamo boots was the same as a cup of coffee. Gosh, I'm almost "feeling free" to buy as many as I want!

Last edited by Beauty Taint; 12-04-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Quote:

Green Bean, if you like HH International, you will enjoy the occasional (ok, frequent) home pictures that LR from the Q provides of her out-of-this-world palace. This time of year it is complete with feather boas in the chandeliers and garland so heavy that it probably requires a construction crew from another hgtv show to lift.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Quote:
I posted over there this morning, lol. I probably wouldn't want to go back though if I were one of the ones who had been told off. The accusations of "stalking" and "racism" were ridiculous!

I don't think Dave (whom I suspect thinks we're all loons) really wants us there. And it's only a matter of time before he shuts down the forum permanently. To the delight of the shopping channel host sycophants, who run screaming for the report button every time one of their idols is insulted.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:26 PM
I would not go back to Previously TV even if they paid me to comment! They treated us like crap. Scolding us like we are in 1st grade and I'm not even sure what we did wrong. And them not letting us post about LR after she leaves was the last straw. Especially since we've been discussing other previous hosts. I personally think they should have treated us better because our Shopping Channel Forum was the most successful of all them with us having posted 351 pages since they started in March.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Charter Member
Welcome new friends and posters!
Old 12-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LipLiner View Post
I would not go back to Previously TV even if they paid me to comment! They treated us like crap. Scolding us like we are in 1st grade and I'm not even sure what we did wrong. And them not letting us post about LR after she leaves was the last straw. Especially since we've been discussing other previous hosts. I personally think they should have treated us better because our Shopping Channel Forum was the most successful of all them with us having posted 351 pages since they started in March.
Over a million views and 17,000 posts! I think that may be part of the problem. They weren't prepared for the onslaught, don't like it and don't want it.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:39 PM
To the Good Dr.: Thank you for the welcome and the safe haven here.

To Baloney: I never thought of that before, but you may well have hit the nail on the head. That's a lot of volume for one or two folks to have to police so closely.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the Dope, y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchWarmer View Post
Honey,
I read the posting rules. What exactly is considered "a jerk?"

Are we in a nunnery or is this Animal House?

I don't want to be an inconsiderate guest.

One more thing...Honey, as hostess, will you be serving chips and dip?
"Don't be a jerk" basically means "Act like a grown-up". Don't troll, don't spam, attack the argument rather than the poster (except in the Pit, where almost anything goes), don't threadshit. In other words, as act as though you were having a conversation in real life. It's a venerable tradition here to bitch about the mods and their jackbooted fascist ways, but really, they're not heavy-handed at all, and are reasonable and fair-minded - I've posted here for twelve years and never even gotten a note.

Quote:
I think I'm going to try both, maybe. I'm not keen about how things were handled, either. And I appreciate having a place here, where apparently nobody would get their panties in a twist about even the mildest ribbing of strangers on TV. Lol We are a pretty tame group for the most part, IMO, so I don't appreciate having to walk on eggshells when I post, or get shut down just because a few people get "wild" on occasion.
If what all y'all have posted so far is typical of the viscous snarkery that got you booted from that other site, boy, are y'all in for a shock...

Last edited by Slow Moving Vehicle; 12-04-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Hello SMV and thank you.

Oh you ain't seen nothin' yet. I think we're all recovering from the bootprints on our rear ends and are on our best behavior. We DO get pretty mean on occasion, but always to our favorite hucksters and never to one another.

This is an outrageously funny and witty group of humans who have made me laugh until I cried on occasion. But if someone has an issue, they are right there offering advice and help in fixing it, too.