Old 10-18-2015, 10:44 PM
Charter Member
Why does the weather app on my iPhone think it's Saturday?

I just noticed this on Friday. All day Friday, it showed the current day as Thursday. Yesterday it showed the current day as Friday. Today it's showing Saturday.

I did a close-and-reopen on y phone, which usually fixes software glitches, but it's still doing it.

It's getting the weather right for the day, just has the day wrong.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:17 PM
Do you mean you just closed and opened the app? Have you done a shutoff and restart of the whole phone? Try that first. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Charter Member
Yes, shutoff and restarted the phone. Didn't solve it.

Can't delete the app. It's one of the apps that comes built into the phone. Can't be deleted.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Does it know what time zone you are in? Is that time zone correct?
Old 10-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Are you 12 hours out? If you use am/pm rather than a 24 hour clock, that's easy to do.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Charter Member
At the bottom it's showing "Updated 2015-10-19 8:03 am" but it still is a day behind at the top - says today is Sunday.

But the weather prediction for the day looks right.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:07 AM
It's probably because next year is a leap year.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:24 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Piper View Post
At the bottom it's showing "Updated 2015-10-19 8:03 am" but it still is a day behind at the top - says today is Sunday.

But the weather prediction for the day looks right.
Only thing I can think of is you're looking at the wrong location. Can you swipe to the left or right revealing another set of weather data, possibly with the same city name (but the 'wrong' city')? Although it could only ever be a day ahead, not a day behind. What version of iOS are you using? I'm at the current iOS 9.x and my Apple Weather app (which I never use, I use Yahoo Weather! instead) doesn't show "Updated date time" anywhere at the bottom.

Is the rest of the iPhone system showing the correct date? Check Settings, Date & Time, and see if Time Zone has Set Automatically turned on.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Charter Member
Doesn't matter which one i swipe to. They all are a day behind, even the one in Africa.

The date and time display at the bottom is always correct.