View Poll Results: Favorite Nightwish singer?
Tarja Turunen 5 83.33%
Anette Olzon 0 0%
Floor Jansen 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Charter Member
Best Nightwish singer?

Nightwish has gradually become one of my favorite bands. I say gradually because I was a fan of theirs in a passive way over the past 8-9 years, but have really grown to respect them and appreciate their music more as they(and I) have evolved.

This is, indeed, a band who has had two singer changes. They rose to fame with Tarja Turunen, who I was not that big a fan of. In fact, I felt for years she was the primary flaw with the band. Totally operatic and incorrect for the band.

Well, she left or was fired and the band replaced her with Anette Olzon, who was vastly superior to Turunen and even made me enjoy older songs that she sang in concert.

I was very disappointed when Olzon was fired, but when Floor Jansen joined, it was hard to be upset for too long. She is clearly a massively talented singer and has come to be my favorite thing in the band.

This version of Ghost Love Score is one of my favorite live performances ever filmed. It's amazing.

Anyone else like this band? If so, what singer do you like the most?
Old 07-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Still prefer Tarja. There's something too...mannered about Floor, and she's left me cold so far, even tho said video (linked in another thread last week) showcased her in good stead.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: [email protected]

Send comments about this website to:

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: [email protected].

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: chicken beastiality don draper hats boot leg cable coconut bras nucleation point huge master bedrooms godaddy sell domain amazon cannibals are puritans protestants ronson windii lighter italian expression marone john oates gay elmer paste jailhouse rock gay mailing a key ingest dish soap bulk benzoyl peroxide welfare check up plastic toilets thumb pulse movie etymology zoso meaning shock shites 747 gas mileage powerlisting random dirt clod maru definition lucchesi godfather stove keeps beeping poe switch voltage naval brig boxers riding up tabletop simulator fog of war dragon age origins sword does vodka smell on breath how much does soap opera actors make frank sinatra draft dodger john deere gas trimmers buy cyanide pills online can a chihuahua breed with a great dane cute anorexic chicks billboard tiny toons they might be giants saturn ion key stuck in ignition fix my outlet stopped working little caesars drive thru how to properly dispose of a microwave how to curve drywall do all tires have to match what does the sky look like by a black hole? masters in molecular biology jobs mosin nagant serial number database belly dancer body type flower shop name ideas how strong are klingons cobra drain pipe auger instructions bj's membership expiration date c++ .ignore you know what happens when you assume movie quote h salt fish and chips batter recipe does smoking stems make you sterile valve stem caps stuck ralph wolf and wile e coyote is shredded wheat good for you job’s daughters