Old 12-29-2017, 11:26 AM
Charter Member
Where to donate a briefcase?

I have a good-quality briefcase that I no longer use. It has very little wear though has been cleaned up for some mold on the interior. Is there anyplace I can donate this to where it will actually go to someone who needs it, rather than being sold in a thrift shop or sent overseas?

I was thinking of maybe an outfit that helps veterans to interview for jobs, but I am just finding charities that encourage business to hire veterans.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:48 AM
I found this article about organizations that accept donations of work attire. I imagine those and similar organizations would gladly accept briefcases.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookingWithGas View Post
I have a good-quality briefcase that I no longer use. It has very little wear though has been cleaned up for some mold on the interior. Is there anyplace I can donate this to where it will actually go to someone who needs it, rather than being sold in a thrift shop or sent overseas?

I was thinking of maybe an outfit that helps veterans to interview for jobs, but I am just finding charities that encourage business to hire veterans.
What makes you think that if it's sold in a thrift shop or sent overseas it won't actually go to someone who needs it?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: [email protected]

Send comments about this website to:

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: [email protected].

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: philmont altitude no siblings waiving extradition house key made eyelids cut off what are numchucks bush obgyn stubhub piggyback seats mushrooms diarrhea malibu chasers top idle games bladerunner replicants ese spanish meaning cartoon shrimps tanning for guys chinny chin chin funeral etiquette money fizz keeper pump ziggy zocky medieval nicknames fieldcrest blankets shit eating smile chocolate rehab washing ball popeye elbow treatment acrobat vs gymnast cecil adams major dickason's blend dexter moloch great fables crossover pineapple vodka cocktail crack and sex csa movies oil spark plug fart lighting weed rage gotta go see a man about a horse looking for mr. goodbar book pvc pipe leaking at glued joint what does a yellow speed sign mean jack in a deck of cards new glasses make me nauseous fallout 3 best way to start how to cut galvanized pipe why are sawed off shotguns illegal can you solder glasses frames inland sea vs lake ear wax won't come out light vs dark kidney beans sprouted onions safe to eat worst cuisine in the world netgear n300 range in feet 30 minutes or less pizza how to destroy documents without a shredder why is s rank better than a howard hughes and senator brewster bolt cutter to cut master lock how to make infinity symbol on keyboard cocaine makes me poop fan facing in or out paul simon obvious child signs she just wants a green card calling an ambulance for someone else soldering large copper pipe ambien 10mg not working don't give yourself away why is my temp gauge going up and down why cant some people whistle