Old 05-16-2018, 06:28 PM
Non-Desk Laptop Setup: Laptop Chair / Reading Pillow / etc

I work for long hours with my laptop and I get tired from sitting at the desk. They had beanbag chairs at a university I went to which looked very comfortable, but if you work with a laptop on it for an hour or longer it becomes uncomfortable.

I am looking to work on my laptop while my back is at a small angle to the floor (less than 90, closer to 45 degrees). If possible I would like to try out the setup at a real store before buying.

The main issues are usually either the neck, back, or if you are lying on the side with your arm supporting on the bed, then the arm gets numb. I am looking for something really comfortable over time.

Any recommendations?
Old 05-16-2018, 07:03 PM
I know someone with back trouble who does a lot of writing on a laptop while sitting in a rocker-recliner (la-z-boy). She uses a laptop cart something like this, which extends over the chair from the side.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:24 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWyvern View Post
I know someone with back trouble who does a lot of writing on a laptop while sitting in a rocker-recliner (la-z-boy). She uses a laptop cart something like this, which extends over the chair from the side.
Probably depends on the Lazy-Boy model, but the support structure on those desk units would not fit under my chair. Maybe on the non rocker models?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: [email protected]

Send comments about this website to:

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: [email protected].

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: 808 police code vantage cigarettes filter modern tank helmet keurig 8 oz fe pass rate maine state constitution crying after anesthesia polarized outlet adapter te quiero mucho green motherboards e coli odor kobayashi maru translation repairing convertible tops tootsie definition serbian plum brandy orange catholic bible sugar free jelly miss susie song golden turd guy cameltoe 38g cup gargoyle name lasko ion mode listerine proof squidward insults gop means dominate my wife new beard itch director vs cinematographer abraham holiday inn sopranos intro wof bonus if someone breaks into my house can i shoot them jackie gleason tonight show superman can't see through lead fuck at&t what does it mean when someone calls you a punk with great mustache comes great responsibility what is left justification in word do you think that's air you're breathing what does heads up mean in poker selling car to dealership for cash auto pay bank of america credit card tranquilizers and alcohol are proof of residency ma i hate my sister in law does vegetarian eat seafood tor:con index jo jo potatoes origin the carbonaro effect staged top stripclubs in houston blueberry plant not growing eater of broken meats is kirkland vodka grey goose te quiero mucho translation to english do androids dream of electric sheep empathy quotes upside down question mark cross how to tell chip and dale apart ucc 3-110 citizens bank funds on hold a green arrow showing with a red traffic light means texas its all good man how to have two microphones on one computer wrestler vs football player homegroup password incorrect windows 10 how many advil can i take