Old 05-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Charter Member
But officer! I just got it out of the shop!

Quote:
Times of Northwest Indiana

An Illinois man was arrested Sunday in Cedar Lake for driving 153 mph in a 60-mph zone.

At 5:30 p.m., a Griffith officer in full uniform in his squad car was on his way to work near 155th Avenue and U.S. Highway 41 when he observed a 2006 Pontiac GTO traveling at a high rate of speed in the opposite direction, police said.

:snip:

Asked why he was driving so fast, Kemp reportedly responded, "I just got it out of the shop."
Burning out the gunk, eh?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: [email protected]

Send comments about this website to:

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: [email protected].

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: the shocker hand substitute laundry detergent melungeon physical traits keira knightley underbite colored dry ice lil amber sargasso sea map retracted bid absurd jokes michael wamsley ward cleaver wwii british rifles certified mail signature grecian formula shampoo tom waits sucks 0 fahrenheit whitest sports laundry chutes illegal bear vs lion do blanks hurt saudi arabian headgear farmer's daughter jokes strong legs women flavored douche cat catching mice cotton ball phobia earwax candle mythbusters moby gay worm your honor river unlock american accent attractive gg allin's daughter cat tail quiver spreading lies heaviest artillery barrage what happens if you don't return license plates driving on icy roads low gear remove skin tag with string african american natural red hair snug fit condoms walmart scraping sound when driving how to resize all images in word can you hear me song 80's how to stretch polyester spandex italian last names with m why is my craigslist post blocked what if wallace became president waxing facial hair male teddy bear picnic creepy stannous fluoride vs sodium fluoride toothpaste cat licks when i scratch back time warner warning message twilight zone button button paul newman caesar salad dressing time to play cowboys and muslims first communion gift for godson how to clean a nonstick electric griddle can the president introduce a bill to congress filing exempt for 3 months how does red bull taste how to stop getting mail from old tenants how to know what your parents are getting you for christmas how long for dulcolax to take effect how did bazooka joe lose his eye how to departition a hard drive catchy used car lot names suspicious vehicle outside my house sex clubs in houston what does cited means