Old 05-30-2018, 03:27 PM
We had our kitchen, family room and both baths remodeled last year (about 40% of our house). A family friend had a vacation/rental house in a nearby town so we rented it for the 3.5 months it took to renovate the house. Pricey but for our family (myself, husband, two kids and two cats) it was totally worth it to not have to live in a house under construction. Plus the contractors were able to shave a little time off the timeline since they didn't have to accommodate people living in the house.

The cost and duration depends on how extensive the renovations are. In our case for the kitchen renovation they took out walls, installed a new structural beam, flipped the kitchen from one side of the room to the other, framed an entirely new soffit, and leveled a floor slab that was very not level. That took a while. And was definitely not cheap, but the numerous problems with the old kitchen and layout have all been solved.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off