Old 07-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkeller View Post
Times Square on New Year's Eve. [snip]

So not worth the bother.
Agree completely. Cold, surrounded by obnoxious drunks, nothing to do. We left before midnight.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Femm View Post
I did the river raft trip down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. I did the option where you stop after 2-1/2 days, camp overnight at Ghost Ranch, and hike up the easy trail to the top the next day. I would do that again, but I'd have to lose 70 or 80 pounds to make it possible. What I wouldn't do is the whole 7 days down to Lake Mead. They make you pee into the river -- it was early in the season, and cold and windy. Once is enough for that part.
Are you saying that you stayed in the raft for the full 2 1/2 days? And that, for the 7 day tour, you stay in the raft the whole time? Because that sounds unpleasant as hell.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:30 AM
Mardi Gras in the French Quarter. Vomiting in the streets, the same tune (you know the one) blasted over and over, and people who never get tired of yelling "Show yer tits!"

I love visiting New Orleans, but not that week or that place.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Go to the Rock of Gibraltar. An absolutely amazing but exhausting experience. I want to go back to Southern Spain again, but once was enough for that.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:50 AM
March-Of-Dimes Walkathon (are they still around?). F%#*ed up my feet so badly, I couldn't go to school for two days.

Last edited by burpo the wonder mutt; 07-05-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Go to the top of the Empire State Building. You see the whole skyline, but meh.

Visit the Grand Canyon. I have severe acrophobia and could not look over the edge. I couldn't even watch other people look over the edge. The view platform from the Empire State Building had a high railing.

And I will die only once.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafter_Man View Post
I blew the whistle on waste/fraud/abuse at work. I will never do that again.
No kidding. No good deed goes unpunished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
And I will die only once.
You hope.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Overloading a washing machine. Started emitting burnt odor; now nearly a month later, I've been trying to find a good replacement and haven't found it yet.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Overloading a washing machine. Started emitting burnt odor; now nearly a month later, I've been trying to find a good replacement and haven't found it yet.
I found you one that can handle the largest loads without burning out, and it's energy efficient to boot.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:59 PM
Shouting Grasshopper
As a kid I shot and killed a bird with a BB gun just to see if I could. I immediately regretted it then and I feel bad thinking about it now.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:14 PM
SDSAB
Sailing in a small boat off the coast of North Carolina, getting blown east and over the horizon, and seriously wondering if I was gonna die out there. Never again.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:00 PM
Charter Member
Haggis. I mean, it wasn't that bad, but, why?
Old 07-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napier View Post
Haggis. I mean, it wasn't that bad, but, why?
It's an excuse to drink more scotch.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Sailing in a small boat off the coast of North Carolina, getting blown east and over the horizon, and seriously wondering if I was gonna die out there. Never again.
In my youth, I'd go out with my buddy on his hobiecat, sailing out from Hilton Head until we couldn't see land. Drinking beer, rum, smoking weed and cheap cigars, and enjoying the occasional bump. Going over a few times; sometimes intentionally just to cool off. Laughing like fucking maniacs the whole time. I wouldn't have had the sense to head for the setting sun if my friend got knocked out or had a coronary.

I'm getting scared just remembering what we did.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Drink a fifth of ouzo in one night.
Assist in a llama castration.
Attempt to make a goose scotch egg.
I would love to hear about the llama castration and your reasons for attending. And was the goose egg too big to be "scotched"? As for the fifth of ouzo, I think I understand that one.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Oooh that reminds me: letting the laundry stay in the machine with the washing water after the washing machine has stopped working .

When it had stopped working, I called the repair service of the place where I'd bought the machine about what to do with the laundry, and they said: "That's no problem, you can keep it in with the water a few days". Bullshit, I opened the door to the laundry room two days later, and the stench was overwhelming! I skimmed out the foul water, but the clothes had to be rewashed three times after the washing machine got repaired to get rid of the stench. I was short of throwing it all in the trash...
Old 07-05-2018, 05:10 PM
Charter Member
Similar to Times Square New Year's Eve - Camp out on the sidewalk in Pasadena to watch the Rose Parade. It's cold, noisy, lots of drunks, you don't get any rest so you're bleary-eyed and out of it by the time the parade actually starts. And it's not really that impressive in person. I had enough of parades in high school marching band - I don't have any desire to watch them.

Join the Mile High Club. Well, obviously I can't join more than once, but I'm not gonna renew my membership. One of those things you do so you can say you did it, but not really worth doing at all. Airplane bathrooms are too small for their intended purposes, and definitely way too cramped for any other sort of activity.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
Go to the top of the Empire State Building. You see the whole skyline, but meh.
Huh. I did it expecting it to be meh, and I thought it was fantastic. Different strokes.

For me, I will never again do The Death Ride. Not that I didn't have a lot of fun doing it, and I was lucky in that the year I did it the weather was as perfect as it could possibly be. But it was brutal, and I made a promise to myself while climbing the 4th pass that I would never, ever, ever, EVER do it again. I've been back a few times to do 3 of the passes, or an abridged ride, but I'll not do the whole thing again. I still love to ride, but I'm not in good enough shape anymore for that kind of stuff.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
I felt the same way about "Pulp Fiction", except I also felt like I needed a Hazmat-grade shower as well.

Did once, won't again: Week-long canoe trip in the Boundary Waters. Wanted to do it, did it, no desire to do it again now that it was crossed off my bucket list. Plus, I was literally half the age I am now and nowhere near as fit, and 50 pounds heavier. This was 1991, and when we came out of the forest, we asked the outfitters if Bush was still president.
Allow me to clarify: I am NOW 50 pounds heavier and nowhere near as fit as when I took the Boundary Waters trip.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of a Rich View Post
Read In Cold Blood. Once is enough.
I'll second that, and add Helter Skelter.

I totally forgot the first time I posted to add go to the Indy 500. So freaking b-o-o-o-ring. It didn't help that the temperature was in the 40s the time I went, and the race kept getting yellow-flagged because of the temperature of the track, something, something. Not to mention, I sat in the damn bleachers in 40 degree weather for what felt like 300,000 years. The truth was, the race lasted four and a half hours. It was the longest race since the 1930s. I live in Speedway, Indianapolis, and I can walk to the racetrack from my apartment, but I find an excuse to be elsewhere on race day.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
Deep sea fishing for halibut on a hazardous craft day.

No, I did not get seasick. But reeling up a manhole cover from 800 feet...
That's a pretty accurate description of fishing for deep-dwelling fish with weighted lures. A giant pain in the ass. Great exercise though.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Go to a strip club. Went once during a friend's bachelor party. One of the most unerotic and depressing experiences I've ever had. Can't imagine how much more terrible it would have been if I were sober at the time.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye, Watering View Post
Durian.

One taste was enough for me.
Jesus, somebody had one of those in our hotel and I thought someone had discovered a well-aged corpse.

Can't imagine getting close enough to actually eat one.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChockFullOfHeadyGoodness View Post
Similar to Times Square New Year's Eve - Camp out on the sidewalk in Pasadena to watch the Rose Parade. It's cold, noisy, lots of drunks, you don't get any rest so you're bleary-eyed and out of it by the time the parade actually starts. And it's not really that impressive in person. I had enough of parades in high school marching band - I don't have any desire to watch them.

Join the Mile High Club. Well, obviously I can't join more than once, but I'm not gonna renew my membership. One of those things you do so you can say you did it, but not really worth doing at all. Airplane bathrooms are too small for their intended purposes, and definitely way too cramped for any other sort of activity.
I have to agree with you on both of these. On the second one, I was in a small private plane so there was enough room, but my partner was the pilot so I was pretty nervous. I'm sure autopilot out over the ocean is perfectly safe, but...

Last edited by kayT; 07-05-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
Jesus, somebody had one of those in our hotel and I thought someone had discovered a well-aged corpse.

Can't imagine getting close enough to actually eat one.
My niece is in Indonesia right now (long story) and durian is one of the things (I hesitate to call it food, based on what I've heard about it) she wants to try while she's there. I have a feeling that it's going to be something she too will only do once.

They do sell them here, but they are in the deep freeze, and STILL smell like dirty sweat socks.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
For me, I will never again do The Death Ride. Not that I didn't have a lot of fun doing it, and I was lucky in that the year I did it the weather was as perfect as it could possibly be. But it was brutal, and I made a promise to myself while climbing the 4th pass that I would never, ever, ever, EVER do it again. I've been back a few times to do 3 of the passes, or an abridged ride, but I'll not do the whole thing again. I still love to ride, but I'm not in good enough shape anymore for that kind of stuff.
A little bit of training and I think I could do one pass, maybe two (on a good day). And I'd need a pretty full day to do it. All five looks nasty. But even if you can't do it again, you already done it. Congrats.

Have you considered RAMROD?
Old 07-06-2018, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pohjonen View Post
Sky diving. I did it once on my 30th birthday, and that sufficed. (I fainted when I melted and slid out the door of the plane and didn't wake up until the parachute opened. I got a poor grade for failing to make an AGGRESSIVE EXIT.) Had there been any problems, I would no longer be alive to make this post. Then I landed flat on my back (they told us not to look at the ground but at the horizon so we wouldn't lock our knees) and got drug for several hundred feet through the desert brush. It took awhile for me to remember what to do if that happened. I had another jump coming for the fees I paid, but I declined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pohjonen View Post
I'll never forget sitting at the doorway of the plane and looking down at the little postage stamp appearing fields and the instructor putting his hand on my back and saying "GO!" My conscious probably decided, "I can't believe you're really gonna do that. I'm outta here!" and "I" fainted. The instructors had said that 9 out of 10 women and 7 out of 10 men faint the first time. Thank goodness for the static line attached to the plane, because I wasn't awake to pull the cord myself. I wasn't that scared in advance, until they told us all of things that could go wrong. I remember all the joking ceased and everyone got really quiet in the plane.
I don't think "fainting" is an accurate description. What commonly happens to novice jumpers -- and I experienced this myself in the handful of jumps that I did -- is just that a powerful mental block kicks in where, after the fact, you simply do not recall the free-fall portion of the jump. If you had really fainted you wouldn't magically wake up just as the chute opens, yet everyone remembers their early jumps just fine from the point where they're descending under an open chute.

It's a fascinating phenomenon. It's your brain basically going "I can't deal with the recollection that I was plummeting to the ground from a height of 3000 feet. This did NOT happen." But it doesn't really say very much about what you could or could not have managed to do during a free-fall emergency. When I jumped, the protocol was that newbies were absolutely not trusted to open their own main, so we were attached to static lines. But we were taught and expected to pull the reserve if the main chute malfunctioned, which is not really all that uncommon an occurrence. I strongly suspect that most of us would, in fact, quickly realize that something was wrong and pull the reserve ripcord, even though afterwards we might not remember a damn thing.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:46 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
I totally forgot the first time I posted to add go to the Indy 500. So freaking b-o-o-o-ring.
Never been to the Indy 500, but a business associate once gifted me a ticket to the annual Indy car race in Toronto. Boring doesn't begin to describe it.

Toronto's race is run on streets in and around the Exhibition grounds, and our seats were near an S-curve. Sounds great, but you'd get "vroom-vroo-vroom--vroo-vroom" as the cars went by. Then nothing for five minutes. Then "vroom-vroo-vroom--vroo-vroom" all over again, followed by yet another five minutes of nothing. Lather, rinse, and repeat, for three hours. I found myself wishing I had brought something--a newspaper, a crossword puzzle, a book--to occupy my time between "vrooms" that we could see.

So, I've been to one car race. I don't need to see another.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:15 AM
Joined the military.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
I don't think "fainting" is an accurate description. What commonly happens to novice jumpers -- and I experienced this myself in the handful of jumps that I did -- is just that a powerful mental block kicks in where, after the fact, you simply do not recall the free-fall portion of the jump.
Interesting. I've never skydived, but I have "blacked out" twice when unexpectedly falling from a minor height. I remember grappling with a fellow day camp counselor on a bridge that was about 6 feet above a stream. I remember the wrestling and getting close to the edge, and I remember being in the water. I have absolutely no recollection of the actual drop. Similarly, on another camping trip, I slipped and slid down a steep slope that ended in a cliff about 10 feet above a soft muddy stream bank. I remember sliding uncontrollably to the lip, and I remember bouncing off the mud and telling every one "I'm OK I'm OK". Do not remember falling at all. However, I've gone cliff diving in Hawaii, jumping about 15-20 feet into the ocean, and remember that fine. Probably because I made a conscious decision to jump.

More things I'll never do again.... See The Clash or The Ramones in concert. Not my choice or desire, but neither is ever happening a second time.

Last edited by ChockFullOfHeadyGoodness; 07-06-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Shouting Grasshopper
If he were still around, I know how David Foster Wallace would answer the question
Old 07-06-2018, 04:49 PM
The Tower of Terror at Disney World. I don't do well at falling type rides, but got talked into it by my (grown) kids. One, at least, won't be urging me to try again. I was nervous enough during loading that I missed where the handholds were. My youngest son was sitting next to me. When the first drop started I reflexively grabbed for his leg. He was wearing shorts. I got a handful of leg hair and the hem of his shorts in a death grip that lasted the whole ride.

I'm never going to do it again and he's never going to try to talk me into doing it again.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:28 PM
SDSAB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uosdwis R. Dewoh View Post
Go to a strip club. Went once during a friend's bachelor party. One of the most unerotic and depressing experiences I've ever had. Can't imagine how much more terrible it would have been if I were sober at the time.
Ah, yes. I've been to one strip club in my life, and that was enough. It's interesting and arousing for maybe the first two minutes, and after that it's awkward and boring. At least I found it so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayT View Post
I have to agree with you on both of these. On the second one, I was in a small private plane so there was enough room, but my partner was the pilot so I was pretty nervous....
"Yes, hello, this is your Captain speaking. I hope you enjoyed your flight!"
Old 07-06-2018, 06:33 PM
Quote:
"Yes, hello, this is your Captain speaking. I hope you enjoyed your flight!"
"I thought he was offering PEANUTS...."
Old 07-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Ah, yes. I've been to one strip club in my life, and that was enough. It's interesting and arousing for maybe the first two minutes, and after that it's awkward and boring. At least I found it so.
I felt that way about a Chippendales show. And it went on for THREE HOURS!

It was kind of funny to see all the elderly women in attendance, and their husbands out in the hall, waiting for the show to be over.

Another thing I will (probably) never do again: take a statistics class. (vomit smiley) I considered getting a MPH (master's of public health) degree, until I found out that it's basically a health statistics degree.

I have a friend whose degree is in social work, and she referred to it as "sadistics".
Old 07-06-2018, 09:14 PM
Visited Moldova.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:29 PM
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member
I'm sure I've got plenty, but I'll add another movie. I'll never watch Grave of the Fireflies again, and I own the thing on DVD. When I saw the schedule for this year's Ghiblifest, I looked and said "There's 8 bucks I'm saving myself that month."
Old 07-07-2018, 01:07 AM
Watched Tarkovsky's Solaris. Excellent movie, but once was enough.

I'll never try Marmite again. I actually like the taste but it's so salty I could hear my kidneys scream.

I've seen Morrisey live in concert. Biggest dissappointment in rock history.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:16 AM
OD on caffeine.

One summer when I was a paperboy, my weekday deliveries were in the evening and the weekend ones were in the morning. The weekend papers were dropped off at 2 AM, so many times I would get up and deliver at that time. To help me do this, I would take No-Doz tablets, which are 100 mg of caffeine, about the same as a cup of coffee.

So one day, having friends in my bedroom, one of them noticed my box of No-Doz. He asked what they were for, and I told him. He was excited, and wanted to try one. I said go ahead, they're relatively harmless. He turned it around and dared me to take the last 3 that were in the box. "No big deal," I thought, and took them.

Then he notice that I had another unopened box, which had 15 pills. So, another stupid dare, and I downed that entire box. 1800 mg of caffeine as basically a single dose.

I didn't notice any real ill effects for the rest of the evening. I hung out with my friends the rest of the evening, then went home. That's when the troubles started.

Needless to say, I couldn't sleep that night. My mind was racing, my pulse too. I had to pee quite a bit, and I ended up being dehydrated by morning. What time I did spend on my bed, I sweated up a storm, with restless twitching. I was also extremely nauseated, and had dry heaves.

In the morning, my dad "woke" me up (having not actually slept that night), and directed me to mow the lawn before it got too hot. So I did, with the mower's sound compounding what could best be typified as a hangover. After doing my chores, I was still alert, but tired as all else. I couldn't even take a nap.

That afternoon, I delivered my papers, and was just starting to feel like I might be able to sleep, when my mom reminded me that it was my sister's birthday, and we were going to her favorite Italian restaurant for dinner.

I had no appetite, but I managed to eat a little spaghetti for appearances. Upon getting home, I went and threw up.

I did get to sleep that second night. But it was a Friday, so I needed to get up early (not 2 AM, though) and deliver newspapers.

The stimulation is not like a cocaine high (so I'm told), so it wasn't a euphoric experience. Later, I learned that every drug has an LD50, even OTC ones like caffeine. For my weight at the time, that was 7500-10,000 mg. I was below that, but at around 20-25% the lower end of that range, I sure was risking some serious health problems. I guess being in my prime probably helped me through it all.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
you'd get "vroom-vroo-vroom--vroo-vroom" as the cars went by. Then nothing for five minutes. Then "vroom-vroo-vroom--vroo-vroom" all over again, followed by yet another five minutes of nothing. Lather, rinse, and repeat, for three hours. I found myself wishing I had brought something--a newspaper, a crossword puzzle, a book--to occupy my time between "vrooms" that we could see.

So, I've been to one car race. I don't need to see another.
Yep. That's a car race. The people I went with were aficionados, who insisted on going to watch the race AGAIN, on TV after we saw the vroom-vroom-vroom version, so they could see the bird's eye view. Apparently they did this every year. I was trying so hard to be polite, because this was by best friend's family, and they had given me a ticket in a really expensive section, but my brain was getting mushier by the minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps49sd View Post
Joined the military.
I have no regrets about having been in the military, and I'm proud that I completed Basic with high standards, and have an honorable discharge, but I would never want to go through it a second time either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moris View Post
I'll second this too. I was the projectionist for a run of Solaris. Watched it once. Read a book the rest of the time. Except when my friends stopped by and we chatted in the hall. When I was a projectionist, there were plenty of movies I watched only once, but not that many I vowed never to watch again, and then, usually the "Never again" ones were movies I hated (like The English Patient). But there were a few like Solaris that I loved, and yet said "Never again."
Old 07-07-2018, 02:32 PM
Waxing my legs.
Had to wait weeks looking like Sasquatch for the hair to be long enough, it hurt like a mutha, and the hairs the wax didn't get were yanked out one by one with tweezers. Then 5 days later on vacation I had to go buy a razor. Stupidest $100 I've ever spent. One of them, anyway...
Old 07-07-2018, 04:02 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Quoth blondebear:

As a kid I shot and killed a bird with a BB gun just to see if I could. I immediately regretted it then and I feel bad thinking about it now.
That seems to be a fairly common one-- My grandfather told the same story, and I've seen it other places, too. Every time, it seems to result in an independent learning of the lesson "never point a gun at anything you do not intend to kill".
Old 07-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappachula View Post
Another vote for the Grand Canyon.
Specifically--Hiking the trail down to the bottom and up again in one day.

Now, I love hiking wilderness trails in the National Parks.
But this was the STUPIDEST thing I've ever done in nature.
Why?--well, not just because I ended up with very painful muscles. That's worth it sometimes; When you reach a mountain peak, you feel glorious.

But this was stupid because I should have known before I started that it ain't gonna be worth it.
The view doesn't get any more impressive as you hike down.

Many years (30?) ago a friend and I walked to the bottom of the Canyon and in the afternoon hiked back toward the rim. We were siting at a rest stop catching our breath when the red, puffy, sweating face of another tourist on his way up appeared. He looked up at the sign above our heads that read "DONKEY DRAG-OUT $20". "They would have to pay me a helluva lot more than $20 to drag a donkey out of here!" he huffed. Kind of made the whole thing worth it.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtypeJag View Post
Many years (30?) ago a friend and I walked to the bottom of the Canyon and in the afternoon hiked back toward the rim. We were siting at a rest stop catching our breath when the red, puffy, sweating face of another tourist on his way up appeared. He looked up at the sign above our heads that read "DONKEY DRAG-OUT $20". "They would have to pay me a helluva lot more than $20 to drag a donkey out of here!" he huffed. Kind of made the whole thing worth it.
I would pay $20 to see donkeys in dresses and make-up lip-synching to Cher, however, which is all I can think of when I see "DONKEY DRAG-OUT $20."

We went to the Grand Canyon on our honeymoon, and took the dogs with us. At one point, one of the dogs hopped nonchalantly up on the ledge around the rim, and there was a collective gasp from the people around up. The dog took no notice, and trotted along the ledge for about five feet.

For people who have never been there, at many places around the rim, there is a ledge about three feet high, and on the other side a sheer drop of probably thousands of feet. However, the dog happened to pick a spot where there was a significant shelf on the other side. At any rate, it wouldn't have done to react to her doing that and possibly spook her. Better to ignore it, and let her jump down in a few feet, and then move a little farther away, now that we knew she had it in her head to do that.

She was a wonderdog. She got hit by a car once, and survived with no ill effects (she escaped when someone came to the door once), and also survived a bout with cancer when she was 12. She ended up living to 15 & 1/2, and dying peacefully in her sleep. She was a 70 lb. dog, so 15 & 1/2 was a really long life.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
That seems to be a fairly common one-- My grandfather told the same story, and I've seen it other places, too. Every time, it seems to result in an independent learning of the lesson "never point a gun at anything you do not intend to kill".
And don't kill anything unless it's in defense of something, and/or you plan to eat it or feed it to another animal.

Do people have the same feeling about fish they caught but didn't eat or throw back?

Last edited by nearwildheaven; 07-07-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
And don't kill anything unless it's in defense of something, and/or you plan to eat it or feed it to another animal.

Do people have the same feeling about fish they caught but didn't eat or throw back?
That's rather the whole plot of this Simpsons episode. One of those that show that Bart, who is mean to his sister, Milhouse, Homer, his teachers, even sometimes to Marge, really has a heart of gold.

Last edited by EinsteinsHund; 07-07-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Have you ever told this story here? [And you're the guy who tried to save that girl off of the Michigan coast that one time IIRC]
Old 07-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsHund View Post
That's rather the whole plot of this Simpsons episode. One of those that show that Bart, who is mean to his sister, Milhouse, Homer, his teachers, even sometimes to Marge, really has a heart of gold.
Also very similar to an Andy Griffith Show episode.

mmm
Old 07-07-2018, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moris View Post
I see this was seconded. Never heard of it. I read (most of) the Wiki, but wonder, "Why?"

Was it tedious, freaky or just not worth a crap? For the record, I think I've only seen one Russian movie. The one Akira Kurosawa did when he couldn't get funding anywhere else. Pretty magnificent, actually. Dersu Uzala.