Old 07-15-2018, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
My first grade teacher wanted me to write righthanded. I curl my left hand up over the paper and she informed My parents that this meant I was being obstinate and was really right handed. My Daddy gave her a new asshole before he was done with her. Most of my family are lefties. 2 of my children are lefties. I think it may have a genetic component.
Im a leftie and do the same thing.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:05 PM
For the life of me, I can't pick up a sandwich right side up; it feels so awkward to even try. So I wind up eating them upside down.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:35 PM
I don't think this is what the OP means, but the wife and I tell people we did our marriage backwards, we had a kid, we bought a house and then we got married...
Old 07-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterlifethroughchemistry View Post
I don't think this is what the OP means, but the wife and I tell people we did our marriage backwards, we had a kid, we bought a house and then we got married...
I'm not the OP, but...

Old 07-16-2018, 07:25 PM
Isaiah 1:15 Screw the NRA.
Charter Member
No, that fits quite well. burpo speaketh the truth here.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:26 PM
^ I got your six.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
When I come across a spammer on this board, I post that I have reported the spammer, then I actually report it. There is a wait time if you report then try to post, but not the other way around.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
My politics are backwards, too. I voted for Nixon my first election, for Ghu's sake! Now I view Bernie Sanders as being dangerously centrist.
It is said that a young conservative is heartless, and that an old liberal is brainless. So for what it's worth you and I at least are destined for the same padded cell. Lucky you.

I work with people who are generally very gregarious & type A. My habit of watching the crowd for several weeks before introducing myself is the exact opposite of how they operate. I am a cat in a world of dogs.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:04 AM
I clean my shower "backwards" (I think).

As I understand it, most people clean their shower stall, the walls, the sliding glass doors as a regular chore, and then they use their nice, clean shower later on.

I, on the other hand, sit a chair outside of the stall with cleaner, etc. on it. I then take a shower and, after I rinse off, I "clean my way out of the shower" by scrubbing down everything with the shower still running. After everything is scrubbed down and rinsed down the drain, I shut off the water, wipe down and Windex the glass and then, finally, get out and wipe myself down. Voila! Everything is clean, including me! LOL

It's a system that works great for me, at least.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
I'm right-handed but left-eye-dominant. For writing or throwing a ball, I do those right-handed. But for shooting a rifle or a bow-and-arrow, left-handed feels natural because I use my left eye to aim. I wonder if your third sister might be like that.

I worry that it kinda screws up my curling delivery. And watching the Winter Olympics, I only noticed one biathlete who shot left-handed.
I'm left-dominant in everything. Eye, ear, hand, foot. I've done archery, but not in years. When we moved far away from my folks, I left my bow with them. They are archery coaches and teach beginners classes. I figure they might get a student who could use the bow.
I'm almost ambidextrous, because I can do many things with my right hand. I taught Kindergarten to classes of mostly Korean and Japanese students, so I had to learn to write with my right hand.

The most backwards? Despite using my left hand for almost everything, I have never been able to get left-handed scissors to work for me.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:43 PM
I hate that I can't edit a quote here anymore, but back on topic: The politics one, except I wasn't around for Nixon. 2000 was my first election and I entertained supporting Alan Keyes because GWB was not conservative enough. At the same time, I was writing letters to the editor about racial profiling, police brutality, and keeping official prayer out of schools. Go figure. It was logically/politically consistent to me, though, because I considered these limited government issues. I ended up voting for Harry Browne. I voted for my local Republican Congressman in 2002, but haven't voted that way since then. I remember hearing/reading a lot about how young people are supposed to be liberal but age and wisdom turns them conservative. Hah.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamerlane View Post
Newspapers I usually read back to front by section ( not by page ). Entertainment first, front page section last.
Oh, snap! I thought I was the only one!
Old 07-17-2018, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaSan View Post
mazes. I always start at the exit.
That's not backwards. That's cheating!