Old 10-27-2001, 02:02 AM
Hi. I'm new to writing poetry and the following poem is one of the first I've written. Please take the time to read it and let me know what you think.

I walk around
Acknowledging the cloud of uneasiness lurking above me
Following my every move
I feel the inflicting rain drops
Descending upon me
And they stimulate insecurity
Like a brick wall enclosing me from reality
While acknowledging all this
I suppress it all
While I walk around

Please rate it on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 needing major work, 10 being the best). And I would love to hear your opinion. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:32 PM
I like it. It reminds me of a song that ends on the suspended fourth of its tonic chord. Almost a tautology, but not quite. I like the vaguely melancholy essence that it has while sounding almost cheery. Particularly since it is a first effort, I give it a 7, maybe 7-1/2.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: cry wolfe show semen on floor shaved dice great limericks cubic zirconia cloudy seinfeld manure oldest government menstruation frequent urination lowes levolor pants around ankle marshal's baton submarine depth repairing bent rim caesar lineage tarpon eating what is curvy walmart garam masala at szmbol iranian pronunciation teens boxer briefs pizza freet dermatology freezing stupid magic tricks rv mpg burning mercury nortwood mortgage ecolab blue light is novacaine safe ten below zero vivarin vs nodoz strip mall meaning water polo helmets baboon vs chimp why do cats stretch their paws when you pet them how to induce a fever what causes bad gas mileage clr vs lime away cleaning car ac condenser what is a minute steak do both buyers need to be present at closing bring out the gimp quote extension cord repair heat shrink quitting job after first day how to kill trumpet vines vis a vis markers on laminated paper 8 note xylophone songs what to do with 00 washing hair after perm myth dunkin donuts bavarian kreme warhammer 40k dungeons and dragons could bruce lee beat brock lesnar hollow sound in ear when clicking teeth french fried eyeballs song frank sinatra musical genre why do whips crack your item was undeliverable as addressed it is being returned how long does it take for sterling silver to tarnish what does 30 mean vera-ellen waist size i can't live if living is without you song who gets back child support after the child is 18 sauce for chicken ravioli are bones stronger than metal joey bishop regis philbin marines in europe wwii how to say comrade in russian american candy not in uk